𝟸.𝟶𝟷

.

| CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE |
Debate

" i believe your sister
will sometime become
my sister-in-law. "

" my mind was dead set
on how to find Killua. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

The doors slammed open, rushing everyone's attention over to the back of the room.

I was sitting in the back row with my head down, not wanting anyone to see my puffy eyes.

The clicking of footsteps caused me to take a glimpse up, only to see an upset Gon. He had a cast on from his broken arm and a bandage on his forehead.

It was dead silent while Gon immediately walked down next to Illumi, he held a look of danger. Staring at him with eyes that could shoot daggers.

"Apologize to Killua!" The young boy declared.

Gon was usually a very kind and forgiving person, but right now he was no such thing. Though, I couldn't blame him for being furious right now. I was filled with rage, but it had just turned into despair.

I couldn't stop Killua from leaving.

"Sorry? But what for?" Illumi asked innocently.

I silently chuckled before putting my head back down. Whatever was going to happen wouldn't bring Killua back, and so there was no point in trying to make him apologize.

"You don't know what you did wrong?" Gon resorted angrily.

"No."

"You're not qualified to be his big brother," Gon remarked with clenched fists.

"I didn't know I had to qualify."

The sound of a slap filled the not so silent room, causing me to raise my head with an urge to watch the scene. Gon had grabbed Illumi's arm and pulled him up from out of his seat firmly.

Everyone was surprised by Gon's strength, but I just smiled weakly.

"Friends don't have to, either. He gets to choose!" Gon argued, still holding onto Illumi's forearm with an overwhelming amount of pressure.

Illumi just stared at Gon, much like Killua had done to me.

"Don't even bother apologizing. Just take me to see Killua," Gon finally concluded.

My eyebrows raised and I sat up from my seat quickly. A few pairs of eyes turned back in my direction, but I hadn't paid attention.

That was it. I can't believe I had given up so fast when all we had to do was go get him back.

"And what will you do?" Illumi asked while I made my way down to them.

"We'll bring him back," I settled emotionless.

Illumi turned around and looked at me. His eyes soon widened, probably from my leaking aura of hatred.

My sad self wasn't so sad anymore... now I was just angry.

"From the sound of it, you two must think I kidnapped my little brother. But he walked out on his own free will," Illumi justified, looking back to me again, "she knows that."

My fists clenched, like Gons, while my eyes were as well shooting daggers.

"He left, but not by free will," Gon explained, "you guys were manipulating him. That's the same thing as kidnapping!"