𝟷.𝟶𝟸

.

| CHAPTER TWO |
Rough Encounters

" that question isn't one
meant for a wise person,
it's meant for a fool. "

" do I have the right to call
these comrades my friends? "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

After winning over the old captain, the four of us arrived at Dolle Harber, where the second phase to enter the Exam will be taken place.

"Thanks a lot, Captain." Gon shakes the Captain's hand smiling excitedly.

"That was really fun," I add, then shake the man's hand after Gon.

"I've got to admit, I had a pretty good time, myself." The Captain laughs, "oh, yeah, let me give you a bit of advice as a small token of my appreciation."

Well, then I guess it's good that we saved Kitzo and helped the captain out... now we get some free advice? This is perfect!

"Look. Do you see that big cedar tree? The one up on the top of that hill?" He points up over top all of the dusty buildings laid overtop the mountain, while my eyes wander to the top of the huge mountain I see a big tree placed right on the peak. Gon and I nod.

"You'll wanna make your way there first. It's a shortcut to the exam site." I smile as he informs us about the secret. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a man who happened to overhear the conversation smiling. It would be best to act like I hadn't seen him and so I nod along with Gon again.

"A shortcut? Great! So, just head for that tree, huh?" Gon asks not noticing the man listening in.

I internally face palm because Gon practically just gave the directions to where to go for the clueless man. 'it's not like he'll actually make it through the exam.'

"Thanks for the tip, Captain. You're the best." I smile then walk away with Gon.

"Good luck to you both!" He yells as Gon and I run over to Kurapika and Leorio staring in front of the map of the island. It seems that these two are actually starting to get along with one another.

"Hmm, that's odd," Leorio says still staring at the map that shows the island and a trail to the tree.

"What is?" Gon asks.

"Well, uh, according to this notice I received, the exam is supposed to be held somewhere in Zaban City." He explains, "now we're here, and that tree is the opposite direction of Zaban." He says pointing to the tree.

"Could you both have misheard the captain?" Kurapika asks with his arms folded over one another.

"No, I don't think so. He told us that we should go towards that cedar tree." I say while Gon nods along.

"I see," Kurapika says soon lifting his hand over his mouth, into a thinking position.

"They said the exams in Zaban City but it doesn't say where exactly," Leorio complains.