𝟷.𝟶𝟷

.

| CHAPTER ONE |
Whale Island

" i admire his ability
to radiate such a happy
energy off of him. "

" you can never understand a
person unless you can understand
what makes them angry. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚
(Note from future: This story gets better and doesn't follow the script as much so as in the beginning. I know it's boring but just please be patient with the story and trust the process, thank you!)

- Flashback -

  I clung to him as the endless amount of tears flowed down my dirty face. Glancing up to see his face, I only manage to see the dusty smoke blocking every point of view. The sky was gray and filled with dirt and dust; causing an illusion on every eyeball the cold air could touch.

"H-Hey." The simple word attempted to escape my mouth just barely before more coughing echoed through the air. My lungs tightened with every movement and felt on the edge of collapsing. Physically I know exactly what's going to happen, but mentally I don't think I'm ready to die.

"Sh, you're going to be fine, Y/N-Chan~" He says in a comforting manner. His voice always has a calming sound to it, but it usually has a sense of evil in it. Right now though, there was no evil and no fakeness. Just pure desperation of comfortable words.

"I'm going to die," I say as the world stops moving and the darkness starts creeping in. I thought it was just me but it seems like he stopped moving altogether. Even though I couldn't see anything, I felt his eyes staring down at me. I shivered and nuzzled closer into his chest.

"You're going to be okay Y/N~" His words were stern, something that only occurs rarely. The corners of my mouth narrowed up into a depressing smile that looked more like a nose scrunch. The only place I'd feel safe dying it would be right in his arms.

Because then at least my final moments would be with my elder brother.

- Present -

"I'm leaving now!" I yell and grab my black backpack, before swinging the front door wide open. Right away a breeze lifts my H/L H/C hair back behind my shoulder blades. A large smile appears on my youthful and beautiful face as I breathe in a healthy amount of air.

(Note: You're beautiful! I don't even need to know what you look like to be able to see! So I don't want any comments to say otherwise. This story will mention this plenty of times, for a quick reminder of how beautiful you truly are. Inside and out.)

The air was breezy yet warm but just slightly too overpowering. There would be a storm tonight.

"Be careful!" A woman's raspy voice yelled like many times through the house. I roll my eyes and slam the door closed, like any regular occasion. As if she even cares if I'm dead or alive.

I shake my head and rid of the pathetic thought from my mind before that large grin from earlier reappears on my face. I jump down the stairs and jog down to the docks. After a short while, I manage to find my way to the boat that will be heading to the Hunter exam.