45

"Come here my Kenzie bear." Luke softly said to the blonde curled in a ball next to him.

Mackenzies body relaxed she leaned into the boy, getting pulled into his lap.

"This whole thing.. it's just.. terrible." Mackenzie said as she put her head into the crook of Luke's neck.

"yeah, it is. It will get better eventually, I promise." The boy said while the blonde was playing with the strings of his shirt.

She was humming the melody to a song that Luke had never heard before. Something he was determined to see.

"What are you humming? Sounds good." Luke asked the girl immediately stopping.

"J-just a um.. a song I was working on." Mackenzie responded, looking up at the boy.

Luke smirked and said "you should play it whenever you feel better."

Mackenzie nodded, a smirk coming across her face.

Flashback

The day that Nathan decided to ruin Mackenzies song book, she was working on a song that she believed could've been something big.

"We say we're friends we play pretend.." she quietly sang to herself as she wrote.

She actually wrote the whole song. Everything that she had ever felt for Luke was in this song. She didn't have the guts to admit to him that she fell in love, so she wrote it down.

Besides, she knew it was killing Luke to not know who her crush was. She told him and the boys little details about her crush, but they never put the pieces together which was why Mackenzie was the smarter one of their group.

The only one who knew it right away was Alex. The boy was good at figuring out others crushes. Luke how Reggie had a crush in Sarah, along with Bobby who could never admit to it.

But with Luke it was different. He never gave hints to his crushes. He was the type of guy to let girls drool over him but never make a move, something Mackenzie promised herself she wouldn't do but ended up doing anyways.

"Perfect harmony" she wrote on the top of the page, just seconds before Nathan came and dumped water over her head.

That song was the first one ruined. The ink of her pen almost immediately spread and ruined the page.

But when Mackenzie saw the fight break out between Nathan and Luke just seconds after, she saw the look in Alex's eyes that showed he found Luke's crush. Mackenzie didn't believe the blonde when he tried to tell her, but he did whatever he could to prove it.

The only issue was getting Luke to admit it. The boy hates to talk about his feelings. He would only talk to Mackenzie if he was upset or needed to vent, but this wasn't something he was ready to admit.

None of the drama at school happened and Mackenzie was happy, she could've been with Luke sooner instead of hiding. Hiding from all of her issues.

Being stuck with Luke at the studio just brought the two closer together and basically forced them to admit their feelings for each other.

"Is it ruined?" Luke asked after the girl changed into fresh, dry, clothes.

"Yeah.. yeah it's ruined. All of my work, gone." Mackenzie said, taking the songbook and putting it up in the loft, hiding it behind some boxes the Wilson's had.