1

The cast:
Mackenzie Stanton played by: random Pinterest girl

The cast:Mackenzie Stanton played by: random Pinterest girl

Luke Patterson played by: Charlie Gillespie

Reggie Stanton played by: Jeremy shada

Alex played by: Owen Patrick Joyner

      ⚠️possible trigger warning ⚠️

As the band finished their sound check performance on the famous orpheum stage, Mackenzie along with the others were dripping sweat.

None of them were faded by it, this usually happened when they performed together. Ever since the 10th grade the band had been playing together.

"You did great babe." Luke said to Mackenzie as he put an arm around her.

"Dude, your all sweaty." Mackenzie said in return, a small giggle coming after.

"Oh you love it.." Luke said with a small smile.

"Ok enough flirting, I'm hungry." Reggie said, smiling at his little sister and Luke.

"Ok I'm thinking street dogs." Luke said with a smile.

"Look, as much as I wanna hangout together before the show, I will not be going there.. it creeps me out." Mackenzie said with an eyebrow raised.

"Same here.. vegetarian, could never hurt an animal." Bobby said as he approached the girl cheering the band on from the bar.

Bobby and the girl at the bar, rose she said her name was, started having a whole conversation.

"Ok, we are gonna go. Kenz you sure you don't wanna come?" Alex checked before the three boys walked off.

"I'm sure, I'll be in the dressing room." She said, hugging each of them before walking off.

Luke kissed her cheek before he left, making her blush.

"He are a burger for lunch by the way." Mackenzie said before leaving rose and Bobby alone.

Rose just laughed and Bobby did a small nervous laugh.

Sitting in the dressing room, Mackenzie ate a bag of chips she brought with her. Anything to not eat those street dogs.

She was really happy at the moment, softly singing the songs they were going be to playing in about an hour.

"MACKENZIE!" Bobby said as he ran into the dressing room.

Mackenzie examined his face. He looked sad and worried, with a hint of guilt.

"Yeah..?" She asked, starting to get nervous.

"They're dead." He said as he started to cry.

Bobby rarely ever cried, like ever, so this is really happening.

"W-what..?" Mackenzie said, starting to cry too.

She could see the red and blue flashing lights down the road shining into the window. It's real.

Bobby pulled the girl into a hug, each of them crying like a baby.

"Those fucking street dogs finally killed them. I told them they weren't good." Mackenzie said between her sobs.

Bobby looked down as they each pulled away from the hug. He knew how rough everything had been for her the past two years.. well, most of it atleast. Mackenzie didn't like to talk about how she felt unless the thing really bothered her.

"I have to go.." Mackenzie said, running out of the building.

"What about our performance?!" Bobby yelled, chasing after her.

"Your worried about preforming when your three bestfriends just fucking died?! Unreal!" She yelled, running until she reached the sketchiest area in the neighborhood.

Mackenzie knew that this isn't the safest place to be, but she didn't want to go home, she couldn't go to Luke, and she's furious with Bobby.

Mackenzie tended to run away a lot. She would usually go to the skate park, the lake, the studio, anywhere that wasn't home.

Walking around the neighborhood, her long platinum hair that she still wonders why it was so naturally light compared to Reggie who had dark hair, and her white cropped Rolling Stones tee with ripped jeans, she felt uneasy about the whole thing.

Just when things couldn't get worse, two arms went around Mackenzie. One over her mouth, the other around her waist, pulling her to a van.

She was frozen in fear, she didn't know what to do. None of the boys could help.. they were dead and Bobby was too much of a baby to stick up to anyone.

Whoever drove the van was not a good driver, speeding down the road, each bump making mackenzies body fly into the air and get pulled down by the man who grabbed her.

Arriving to wherever they wanted to take her, the guys dragged her out of the van, beating her up a little bit. Punching, kicking, slapping, anything that hurt.

Right when Mackenzie thought they were done, one of the guys took out a gun, shooting her right in the chest, then left.

So on that night, October 13th 1995, four sunset curve members were dead, leaving one left.

A/n:
Ok this was pretty intense for a first chapter, but I hope you guys enjoy this book. I'm not sure when or even if I will publish it but this is a good sign if your seeing it I guess :))