6

"If I leave you on a bad note
Leave you on a sad note
Guess that means I'm buyin lunch that day.." Mackenzie heard julie singing.

She looked up to see just Julie in the studio singing to some girl, her friend maybe.

"My life my life would be real low zero dying solo" Julie sang, now the boys appearing out of no where like at the spirit rally.

Luke motioned his head for Mackenzie to join in, a smile creeping onto her face.

She was quick to grab a copy of the song and her six string, starting to play along.

"Ah! Who's the girl?!" Julies friend asked as she looked to Mackenzie.

There's was an instrumental break during the song and Mackenzie said "Kenzie Stanton, only the coolest person in this room."

The girl smiled and said "cool,
I'm Flynn."

Luke also smiled and said "so Julie, will you join our band..?"

Mackenzie didn't know that Julie was invited to join the band. She always figured that she would always be the only girl.

"I think your joining her band." Flynn said with a sassy attitude, causing the four ghosts to smile.

"I'm gonna go with what she said." Julie said, smiling at Luke.

The five of them finished the song and disappeared from the studio, leaving the two human girls to talk.

Appearing on sunset boulevard, the four ghosts walked around and talking about how cool it is to have a band with Julie.

As the walked, Alex and Kenzie were next to eachother behind the other two, when a strange man bumped into them.

"Hey!" Mackenzie said, turning to the strange man, him simply giving the two a small nod as he walked off.

"You two coming?" Luke said as him and Reggie stopped walking.

Mackenzie and Alex looked at eachother confused, knowing that they're supposed to be able to walk through people that are alive.

"What the fuck.." Mackenzie said to Alex, confused about this whole situation.

Alex shook his head as the two ran to catch up with Luke and Reggie.

After their small day out, the four ghosts reappeared back in the studio and found Julie humming the melody to the song they played to Flynn.

"Oh hey guys." She said, noticing the four.

"Hey Julie." They all said, scattering around the room.

"Oh so by the way, my school loved our music and Flynn might've promised everyone we would play at the dance tomorrow night.." Julie said, squinting her eyes as she finished.

"A school dance?!" Mackenzie said, flashbacks coming from her mess of a highschool dance.

The three boys looked at Mackenzie, seeing the hurt in her eyes.

"Yeah..?" Julie said with a small confused laugh.

Luke looked to Mackenzie quickly, then turned back to Julie and said "so then this must be a great time to show you some more songs I've written, you can pick out whatever one you want to sing."

Luke grabbed his songbook, handing it to Julie. "I dog eared the songs I think you would kill."

Julie flipped through the book and said "so you wanna sample?"

The four looked at her confused and Reggie said "nope, Luke wrote every song in there."

"Well this one here is a classic trevor Wilson song.." she said, pointing to one of the many songs in the book.

"No it's not, it's a classic our song." Luke said, snatching his book back.

"Yeah we've never heard of a Trevor Wilson." Reggie said, giggling a little bit.

Julie opened up her computer, showing the four a photo of the so called Trevor Wilson.

"See, Trevor Wilson. Rock legend." Julie said.

The four examined the picture, Alex's eyes going wide.

"That's bobby." Alex said in shock.

"No, that's Trevor Wilson I told you this! I used to be best friends with his daughter."  Julie said.

"Nope, that's definitely Bobby.." Mackenzie said, looking over at the angry Luke next to her.

"What were his other hits.." Luke said, in an angry question tone.

Julie started to name each song, Luke getting angrier every second.

"Crooked teeth?" She said, Alex trying to hold in his laugh.

"Luke wrote that one too. It was about Reggie." Alex said, Mackenzie letting out a small laugh.

"Hey! I don't like that song anymore.. I thought it was about you." Reggie said to Alex.

"Where does he live." Luke said, more seriously.

"Top of Malibu beach. In his mansion." Julie said, knowing whatever happening isn't ending well.

In an instant, the four ghosts poofed away to go visit their old friend, only to find out something unbelievably heartbreaking for Mackenzie.