16

After Julies party ended, the four ghosts were in the driveway shooting hoops.

Well, they were trying to. Mackenzie sat right on the hoop blocking everything.

"You guys we did great, it feels like we should be celebrating. What should we do?" Reggie asked with a smile.

They all smiled but stopped once a zap got them. The three boys fell over holding onto themselves and Mackenzie fell off the top of the hoop.

"They're getting worse.." Luke said as he sat up.

"Kenz you alright?" Reggie asked as he sat up, seeing she was on the ground.

"Nope not really.." she said as she groaned in pain.

Reggie and Luke helped her up off the ground as she somehow got another zap. She started to fall over a little bit but Luke steadied her.

"You guys are in danger." A voice said as a purple puff formed.

"Willie..?" Alex said in shock.

"Wait. This is Mackenzie?" Willie asked in a rather nervous tone, making Mackenzie nervous.

"Yeah? Why does that matter." Luke said, being more protective of the girl.

"Y-you met Caleb yesterday?" Willie asked, Mackenzie slowly nodding.

"Yes and why does that matter." Mackenzie asked digging herself more into Luke's side.

"He said he was going to be harsher on you.. something about how you were in a rush." Willie said, now Alex going protective.

"So calebs being worse to her because she wasn't interested in whatever he was saying?!" Alex said in an annoyed tone.

"I know, it's stupid. Just come with me.." Willie said, the five of them poofing to sunset boulevard.

Willie explained to them exactly what Caleb did. "I knew he was bad news. This is why you should listen to me more often." Mackenzie said with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh that was just luck! You must've had the brain cell that day." Reggie said with crossed arms.

Mackenzie wanted to argue back but a zap hit her again, 3rd time in an hour.

She stumbled backwards into Alex, luckily he was able to catch her. "You alright?" Alex asked.

"No, they're getting worse." Kenzie said as everyone stopped walking.

"You guys don't have much time.. once you get too many zaps, your gone." Willie said.

"Yeah.. and what exactly do you mean by gone?" Reggie asked, not really understanding the whole thing.

"That's it, your out of existence. No trace of you." Willie said, making the band members all look to eachother.

Mackenzie made her way back to Luke, taking his hand in hers.

"So your saying we have no choice but to let this happen to us?! Because I know damn well I'm not going to join calebs club." Luke said as he became more frustrated.

"Wait, there is one more option. You see, you all came here together at the same time.. correct? So that means your unfinished business may be connected." Willie said.

The boys all nodded, understanding what Willie had said. But Mackenzie had no clue what this meant.

"What the fuck is unfinished business." Mackenzie impatiently asked.

"It's basically like something you wanted to accomplish before you died. Or something that you were planning on doing and never did." Willie said, scared of the short blonde.

"Well this is no help to me. I wanted to die." She said under her breath, Luke nudging her shoulder.

"Look, I have to go before Caleb notices I'm gone.." Willie said, poofing away.

"You guys we had a lot we wanted to do.." Reggie said with a frown.

"Yeah.. yeah but there's one thing we ALL wanted to do, together." Luke said, looking across the street from where they were.

Everyone looked over there and saw the bright orpheum sign. The blue lights flashing.

"Luke that gig was impossible to get. It took years to finally get it." Alex said in a worried tone.

The four of them got a zap and stumbled backwards. Mackenzies zap was a lot more powerful this time so she blacked out, falling into Luke's arms.

"We don't have years." He said, poofing them all back to the studio.

He laid Mackenzie on her cot in the loft, pulling a blanket over her.

"Oh cmon Kenz.. don't give up on us now.." Reggie said, nervous that his sister would be the first to zap away.

"Reg, she's a fighter. She can make it through in time for our next gig which is hopefully at the orpheum." Luke said, wiping the hair off of mackenzies face as she slept.

"I know.. I know, I'm just worried. The last time we've all seen her this weak was a dark time.. for all of us." Reggie reminded the two boys.

They all struggled when Mackenzie was getting bullied in school. They wanted to help her but didn't want to worsen the situation for her. Luckily, they all made it through it. Kinda..