10

Flashback:

"STOP TELLING ME THAT I SHOULDNT PLAY MUSIC! ITS MY PASSION!" Luke yelled to his mother before leaving for a gig.

"IM JUST SAYING YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME WITH IT LUKE! NOT EVERYONE CAN BECOME SUCCESSFUL WITH THEIR DREAMS!" His mother argued back.

The two were arguing about wether or not Luke should follow his dreams. Mrs Patterson loved her son with her whole heart but she knew that music was taking over his life, distracting him from more important things like class grades.

"FINE, IF YOU THINK IM WASTING YOUR TIME.. IM LEAVING." Luke yelled as he ran out of his house, his guitar strapped around his back as he rode away on his bike.

"LUKE! Luke..!" His mother yelled after him, crying as she watched her son leave.

"Hey hey.. what's wrong..?" Luke's dad said, getting out of his car to hug his hysterical wife.

She explained to him what happened as he brought her inside to relax.

"Luke? Why are you here I was going to pick you up." Reggie said as he opened the front door of his house.

The look in Luke's face gave a hint that something happened. Something Luke  would probably not like to talk about.

"Is Kenz performing with us tonight?" Luke asked, Reggie shaking his head no.

"I haven't heard her say one word since she tried to OD. The closest things to words I've heard her say was just her crying." Reggie said, Luke giving him a bigger frown.

"I'll be right back." Luke said, walking past Reggie, up the stairs.

Luke stood outside of mackenzies room, lightly knocking on the door. Like usual, Kenzie didn't answer.

But this time he didn't care if she opened the door or not, he just wanted to know she was doing ok.

"Kenz I know you hear me. I really really need to talk to you." Luke softly said, not knowing the girl was standing against the door, her forehead against the cold wood.

She stood there for a second, thinking whether or not to open the door.  Coming to a conclusion, she hesitantly unlocked the door, opening it the slightest bit to see Luke.

He stood there, his eyes a glossy red color and tears running down his face.

"Kenz.." he said in relief before stepping into her room and hugging her.

If this was any other thing, Mackenzie wouldn't hug the boy back, but they both really needed a hug.

Neither of them spoke for a good five minutes. Just standing there enjoying the hug.

"I ran away from home." Luke softly said, making Mackenzie pull away from their hug.

She gave him a look of sadness and confusion.

"W-what.." she managed to say, the first words she's spoken in what felt like months.

"I got into a fight with my mom. I had to go." Luke said, Mackenzie tightening her grip around the boy even though it was still a weaker grip.

Luke pulled away from the hug, looking at Mackenzie. She looked terrible, she lost about 20pounds, her hair was a mess, bags were under her eyes, and her arms.. they had cuts all over them.

"Don't tell me you did that Kenz.." Luke said as he held her arm up.

Mackenzie looked down and said "why does it matter.."

"It matters because we all care about you Kenz! We are all going insane not being able to check in on you." Luke said, making tears drip down the girls face.

"Look, we have a gig tonight at the club, if you want to come.. just come. The boys and I would be happy if you came." Luke said, holding onto the girls shoulders.

Mackenzie just nodded her head and hugged Luke once more, knowing she wouldn't let him in again.

Luke gladly hugged the girl back and kissed the top of her head. Mackenzie let go of the hug and let Luke leave before the others got there and went to bug her.

"No cutting." Luke whispered to the girl before shutting the door.

"What were you doing?" Reggie asked Luke as he came back down the stairs.

Luke had a happier face on this time compared to his face when he arrived.

"She let me in." He said, reggies eyes going wide.

Reggie was quick to try and run up the stairs, but Luke grabbed him. "Reg, she's ok. All she needs is time. She will be back." Luke said, Reggie just nodding his head.

The two boys left the house to go to Bobby's, picking up the remaining two members of the band to go to their gig.

End of flashback

The next morning when the four ghosts woke up, Reggie, Alex, and Luke had gone out to some cafe to book the band a "I'm sorry we bailed on you" gig.

Mackenzie didn't really want to go, she was still mad at the boys for bailing. Yeah, their reasoning was thoughtful to her, but Julie didn't quite understand the full story behind the Bobby situation. All she knew was that Bobby stole their songs.

Mackenzie just hung around the studio, practicing the song that the band would be playing tonight if they got the gig, or what they would've played last night at the dance.

"I got a spark in me..
(I got a spark in me)
And your a part of me
(And you apart of me)" Mackenzie sang, the echoing sort of part was Luke's, it was supposed to be their little duet moment.

"Been so long and now I'm finally free.." Mackenzie sand out  what is supposed to be Julies part, also what USED to be her part when Luke originally wrote the song in 1995.

"Wooo!" Luke cheered as the three boys reappeared in the studio, scaring the heck out of her.

"Ah!" She screamed before even being able to notice it was the boys.

"Oh you assholes.." she said as the three of them laughed.

"Trying to steal Julies part I see." Reggie said with a raised eyebrow.

Mackenzie laughed at the three boys and said "technically she stole my part, but ok."

Luke smiled at the girl and said "but.. instead you get a really cool duet with the coolest boyfriend ever."

"I had that before too, but you weren't cool then you dork." Mackenzie joked, making Luke run at the girl.

He lifted her over his shoulder and ran around the studio saying "I'm not putting you down until you say I'm cool!"

Mackenzie smiled and said "ok ok! your cool!"

She was about to be set down when the three boys got a zap, causing Luke to drop her.

"Ow!" She said as she hit the ground.

"Dude you dropped my sister." Reggie said to Luke.

"I'm fine reg, but are you guys ok?" Mackenzie said as she stood up from the ground.

Luke gave her a hug and said "I'm ok, sorry I dropped you though."

Mackenzie laughed and said "it's ok, I can't be mad at the birthday boy."

Luke laughed at Kenzie and said "so then I have an advantage for the day."

Mackenzie smiled and said "until 12am. Then I'm going back to being mean."

"Oh come on, your not mean." Luke said with a smile.

Mackenzie giggled and Alex said "ok enough flirting, we need to practice for our gig tonight."

The four ghosts lifted their instruments and practiced, waiting for Julie to come home.