38

The next morning, Mackenzie woke up a little later than she usually would. The three boys weren't in the studio, leaving Mackenzie alone since Julie had school.

The girl climbed down the ladder of the loft, bringing herself towards the couch when she noticed something on the coffee table.

"my song book?" She questioned herself,citing the ruined book off the table.

The pages were very fragile from the water damage, pen ink spread across most pages, ruining the songs that Mackenzie worked long and hard on.

Mackenzie smiled a little bit when she came to her song "train wreck" that she wrote.

That one was by far her favorite one. The time she spent and the amount of sleep she lost writing that was insane. She wanted it perfect.

So, to re-awaken the emotion she brought the book over to the piano, standing it up where she could see it.

The shorter girl sat on the piano bench, taking one last look around before beginning to play.

"Laying in the silence
Waiting for the sirens
Signs, any signs I'm alive still
I don't wanna lose it
I'm not getting through this
Hey, should I pray? should I pray
To myself? To a God?
To a saviour who can" she sang, getting back into the feel of the piano since she hasn't played in forever.

"Unbreak the broken
Unsay these spoken words
Find hope in the hopeless
Pull me out of the train wreck
Unburn the ashes
Unchain the reactions, I'm not ready to die, not yet
Pull me out of the train wreck
Pull me out, pull me out, pull me out
Pull me out, pull me out"

As the song went on, the pain became more and more clear in mackenzies voice. This was bringing back a lot of past emotions about everything, but helping her feel like she's accomplishing something.

"You can say what you like 'cause see, I would die for you
I, I'm down on my knees and I need you to be my God
Be my help, be a savior who can" she continued, full power and tears coming down her face. Good thing the Molina family isn't home during this time of day.

"Unbreak the broken
Unsay these reckless words (find hope in the hopeless)
Pull me out of the train wreck
Unburn the ashes
Unchain the reactions, I'm not ready to die, not yet
Pull me out of the train wreck
Pull me out, pull me out, pull me out
Pull me out, pull me out, pull me out" Mackenzie sang the last verse, staring at the book while the final note rang.

She took the book off of the stand, hugging it as she leaned forward. The tears began to flow down her face as she she replayed every memory in her head that has lead her to this point.

But little did the girl know, the three boys had appeared in the studio behind her, hearing almost the whole thing.

Reggie stepped forward, sitting next to the girl on the bench. "I liked your song. It's nice." He said, putting an arm around her.

"Yo-you heard me..?!" She said, wiping her tears off her face and trying to stand up.

"Kenz, it's alright. This isn't the time to freak out. You just played a song that you wrote and sounded amazing." Reggie said, pulling the girl back down.

"Yeah really Kenz, I felt like I was at a concert right there." Luke said, pointing to the piano.

Mackenzie smiled and said "thanks.. but why was my book out?"

The three went silent. Alex started to scratch the back of his neck and tap his feet against the ground, something he did when he was either nervous or hiding something.

"Alex." Mackenzie said, looking at the blonde in the eyes, seeing the worry.

"Ok! We snooped around a little. But we stopped because we knew it was wrong. Don't kill me, kill Luke o-or Reggie!" Alex said, the other two boys giving him a look.

"You boys have never had a sense of boundaries so I'm not surprised. But seriously.. of all things my songbook. Luke, if I touched your songbook you'd freakout! This is my personal book, well it was." Mackenzie said, looking at the three.

"Kenz I looked at it first. I just wanted to know how you felt when you wrote.." Reggie confessed, putting his head down a bit.

"Reggie you ding bat!" Mackenzie said, hitting the back of his head.

"Look, I'm not in the mood to be mad. So, your getting a warning. If ANY of you touch my book again there will be consequences." Mackenzie said, pointing to the four boys as she looked each of them in the eye.

"Yes ma'am!" Alex said, doing a salute type of thing with his hand.

Mackenzie laughed and took her book, placing it on her cot.

"so where were you three this morning?" Mackenzie asked.

"School." Reggie responded.

Mackenzie bursted our laughing. "You three? School? Your hilarious! Now tell me where you really were."

"Nope, we went to school with Julie. We had nothing else to do and no one wanted to wake you up. Wanna go back and mess with some kids?" Luke said, Mackenzie smirking.

"You bet I do. Let's go and scare some kids." Mackenzie said, all of them smiling as they poofed off.