Chapter 20: Understanding

Harley ran as fast as she could to the Quidditch game. She was late. She was very, very late. How could she not keep track of the time? Well, she was in the library... But still!

As she ran down the hall, she then felt someone grab her. She didn't even have time to scream when she was spun around. She faced the person who grabbed her and saw it was Seth. "Seth? Why in butterbeer's name did u have to do that?!"

"I was planning on saving you time from running all the way to the match. There's a quicker route, you know."

"Yes, I know," Harley said defiantly.

Seth chuckled, "Did you?" he tested her.

She squinted her eyes, glaring, and stomped her foot, "Are you going to take me to the game or not?"

"Of course I will, Ms. Potter," Seth mocked as he motioned her to follow him.

"Seth, how long is this shortcut?" Harley asked.

"It's short."

"Where does this lead to?"

"The Quidditch field, of course." Seth chuckled.

"I mean where exactly."

"Just behind of the platforms..."

"And how do you know about this route?"

"My cousin was a prefect, told me about this route."

"Oh."

As Seth said, they did come up just behind the platforms.

"Hello, Harley!" Neville, who was beside Hermione, said.

"Hi, Neville," Harley replied with a smile. She looked at Hermione, hoping to maybe send a smile her way but Hermione was too focused on the match in front of her to even spare a glance Harley's way.

Harley pressed her lips to a tight smile, a small nod before she slowly moved away by a distance of 3 people away from the two.

"Are you two fighting or something?" Seth asked.

"It's a long story." Harley left it at that.

Seth just shrugged and watched the game.

"And Weasley has effectively kept Spinnet's path clear. George Weasley, for anyone who can't tell. Five years with them without any real distinct physical differences, it is a little tricky—"

"Mr. Jordan," Professor McGonagall interjected sternly.

"Sorry, Professor, just—Oh and Johnson's got the Quaffle! And that's 30-10 for Gryffindor! What a wonderful display of accuracy! What a wonderful and talented lady she is—"

"JORDAN!" Professor McGonagall snapped.

Harley kept on looking Hermione's way but never once did she even look in her general direction. This girl's as stubborn as me!

She hated this if she was honest with herself. The heaviness in her chest never left since their argument. It's been two days, can she really still be that mad? Usually, if anyone in the orphanage got mad at her, they still needed to talk to her sooner or later because they needed something from her. She doesn't need me for anything, Harley accepted, the little knife in her chest twisted. Even Ron and Harry couldn't do anything to help Harley out.

"And young Potter's got the Snitch! That's 190-40 for Gryffindor!" Lee boomed.

Before Harley could get up, Hermione was already walking out of the stands.

Harley's knee was bouncing as she ate dinner. Harry, Hermione, and Ron sat facing each other, Harley decided to sit next to Fred and George as she has for the past two evenings since the argument, not wanting to make it awkward if she was sitting with the three.

Fred and George didn't mind, the few times she joined in on their conversations, she would suggest new ideas for pranks or help one of the two out with a homework question that they obviously were doing last minute. But they knew she was not acting like her usual self.

George tugged at Harley's robe sleeve when Fred was talking to Lee. "We still need to talk about the map," he whispers.

The map. "Can we talk about it later?" she asked in an equally hushed tone.

"So you do have it!" George's shoulders relaxed, relieved more than anything.

"I do. I'm sorry I lied," she pushed the corn kernels on her plate, the yellow pieces looking quite interesting, avoiding yet another disappointed friend's face.

"We're just glad you found it, wouldn't it be a shame if it was thrown out?" George said and smiled at Harley, nudging her shoulder with his.

Harley stared at him for a moment, "You don't hate me?"

George shook his head, the smile never leaving his face, "I understand why you needed to lie," he said as he got back to eating his dinner.

Harley was still looking at George, his words sinking in.

"Do I have something on my face?" George asked, pulling Harley out of her thoughts.

Harley shook her head, "No. No, uh," she quickly grabbed a piece of parchment and quill and ink from her bag, scribbling furiously.

"You just happen to have spare parchment and ink in your bag every dinner?" George joked.

Harley folded the paper and handed it to him, "Could you please pass this to Hermione?"