Chapter 24: Afternoon Chat

Harry and Harley were in the Three Broomsticks Inn halfway through their butterbeers, well, Harley more so than Harry, who finished talking about the Philosopher's stone, how he received the cloak of invisibility that Christmas and it was their father's, and his first Weasley sweater, and was basically face to face with Voldemort whose face was at the back of the head of the DADA professor of the time, Professor Quirell.

He was now talking about Lockhart, last year's DADA professor, the Chamber of Secrets that opened and how students, including Hermione, were being petrified by the basilisk, Aragog the giant spider, and Ginny was basically talking to the soul of Voldemort the whole time

Harley had her jaw drop a few times. Her brother did all of that the past two years? Also, how in Godric's name were all of these things happening under the nose of Dumbledore? Wasn't this school supposed to be the safest place for young witches and wizards?

Well, I guess, no one's actually died... so...

"There you two are!" Hermione made her way to where the two sat, Ron stayed back to order two more butterbeers before following her.

"Looks like you both got to Hogsmeade properly," Ron teased as he sat down.

"We saw Fred and George in Zonko's and they told us you two were going around," Hermione says as she takes off her jacket.

"Ron, when we get back, can you teach me how to play Wizard's Chess?" Harley asks.

"Oh, Ron's brilliant at it!" Hermione exclaims, "He got us to win the house cup on our first year."

Ron blushes but nods his head with a sheepish grin, "Yeah, of course, they've got a few chess boards in the common room."

Harry and Harley had to sneak back inside Honeydukes without Professor McGonagall noticing, as the other students gathered before they went back to the castle together. Inside, Harley starts looking through the shelves. She's tried the Salt Water Taffy, the Jelly Slugs, The Chocolate Frogs, of course... Pink Coconut Ice looks good, she thought as she picked up the container, then paused for a moment before reaching for a box of Jelly Slugs, those never disappoint. Then stopped again to reach for some Salt Water Taffy, for Padfoot. And a few chocolate frogs won't hurt anyone, so she grabbed those too and made her way to the till.

Ambrosius was just finished ringing up her sweets, chatting on about how he was needing new ideas for sweets, something about wanting to feel like a young sweets maker again when Fred and George entered with a box full of things they bought from Zonko's.

"Right, off we go," Fred says as he goes straight for the door to the basement.

George, carting the box, nods to Ambrosius, "See you next week, Ambrosius!"

Harry was already following Fred and Harley got her bag from the kind man, "See you next week, Ambrosius!" waving goodbye, following George.

Ambrosius waves to the four, making sure the door closes shut properly.

After exiting the One-Eyed Witch's statue, the Weasley twins went straight to the dormitory to unbox all their goodies, Harry and Harley on the other hand, went to the Owlery, hoping to maybe have a chat with Sirius before dinner. They've done that a few times now. The Owlery wasn't the most secluded of places, which is why they sometimes walk to the Great Lake. There was a little cabin there, where the ropes, lanterns, and the oars that were used for the boats were kept. Sirius would sometimes stay here instead of the Owlery at night if he wanted to not be a dog for the evening. Nothing a little heating charm and a few transfiguration spells couldn't fix.