Author's Note: An Update.

Hello! To say it's been years is no exaggeration. It really has been years. (For any old readers, I have a note for you in here, after my explanation of being gone. Thank you for reading this, if you are. Wow, hello, it's been years.)

Long story short: life happened and I grew up. 

Yep. 

I mean, I don't have a kid or anything major like that, but I have aged, and hopefully matured? Little wishergal333 is not little anymore. And through the years, one thing has been constant, though, my love for Harry Potter. (JKR can suck it, let's leave it at that.) Yearly HP movie and book marathons, all of that sort. 

When I first wrote this story, I was around the same age as Harley in this story. Admittedly, she did so many things I wished I could do. She stood her ground and had so much courage, she never backed down. She made friends so easily too! Things I couldn't do too well yet.

As I got older, I learned more about life. I did get a little bit more courageous, made friends a little bit more easily too. I did sports, I was in a few school clubs, I joined a fun book club outside of school... y'know, nothing too wild.

Anyway! As I got older, I kinda drifted away from Wattpad and writing stories in general. I would come across my To Have a Twin notebook full of all my notes and plotline plans when I would clean my room but I never really got around to actually writing the 20th chapter. Years have gone by and I just thought, "It's been years, no one would really care, right?"

It's could be true, no one would care anymore, given the years it's been incomplete. 

However, after all these years, I've decided to pick this up again, not really caring if anyone would read this again. This is just for me, I guess, like how I started writing this all those years ago. 

If anyone does bother to pick this story to read and if you were here from years ago: Hello! Wow, hi, I'm so sorry I made you wait for so long. I'm not expecting you to still wait after all these years but the fact that years ago, you were waiting for an update that was never published, I apologize. And I thank you so much for reading the 19 chapters and for being a part of my young, adolescent life. You lot reading what I wrote gave me confidence in myself, a gift you guys gave me that I value to this day. I don't expect you to continue reading this story but I do still want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you wanna be friends outside of the HP fandom, I would love to.

If you're somehow a new reader, and found this story after all these years, hello! Welcome! I'm a little rusty, and I have a bit of editing to do for my previous chapters, and I hope you'll be kind and patient with me but I will be writing more, I will do my Harley justice and finish her story. And I also want to do this for young wishergal333.

Something to note: This story will not involve any serious romantic plot lines. They are kids, and I don't expect any of them to be interested in relationships or anything of that sort just yet. (I might write another fanfic where the HP characters are older but let's take things one step at a time.) 

This will be a story that tells the tale of a young little orphan girl who finds out she does have a family, and on top of that, she's a witch! Absorbing all these new concepts, all these new emotions, can be overwhelming for any young child. We will be exploring her new world with her and understanding her as a person as well. And like in any of the HP books, Harry's in harm's way but this time around, he's got his sister. 

I can't wait to pick this story up again after I edit the heck out the previous chapters coz I've seen some atrocious mistakes that need editing fast.  I can't promise a proper date as of yet but hopefully before this month ends, I'll have the next chapter up. And then I'll slowly set up a proper updating schedule. 

Also, please don't come at me if it's not completely canon accurate, I'll try to be but if it just cannot be because of something I need to push Harley's story forward, allow me the liberty to do so, as this is an AU fanfic, after all. Please? Thank you.

If you've made it this far in my rambling, wow, thank you. I cannot ever stop thanking anyone who takes the time to read anything I put out into the world. I'm very excited to pick this story back up and I cannot wait for anyone who is interested in this story to explore Harley's world with me. 

I'll see you all in the next chapter soon!

Thank you!

x wishergal333