Chapter 28- The bednapper

Start from the beginning

Then I got it. The metaphorical light bulb in my head switched on and illuminated the entire area.

That idiotic imbecile- I’ll show him to steal my bed and camp out here like he owns the damn place.

I trade my baton in for my iPod and a pair of sound eliminating ear phones.

I carefully scroll through my playlist before deciding on the perfect song for the little dickwad to wake up to.

Vices by Memphis May Fire. A song which has a lot of scream in it and which I personally refer to as ‘my angry song.’ It might be really heavy but hey, it  still does the job for me and now it will have another purpose as Jake’s wake up song.

He can’t stand heavy metal…of which, I have a lot of thankfully.

First I put the volume all the way up and then I carefully lean over and insert the two tiny earplugs into his ears- luckily I had a pair of new ones to put into those nasty ear holes.

Geez he really needs to trim the ear hair. And the nose hair. Whilst I’m on the subject I might as well also mention that those eyebrows need to parted more desperately than a leech on human skin.

I look back at the iPod before I take on last glance at the sleeping jackass in front of me. This was going to be funny. I am about to press play when I realise th eoen fundamental mistake I am making.

I grab my phone and go to the camera . I switch the setting to video mode and then I begin to record.

Then I set the iPod down (so I can videotape with a steadier hand) and jump the song to the chorus and then I press play.

It takes about a couple of seconds before the action begins.

The bed-napper jumps up with wide eyes and the biggest jolt I have ever seen in my life.  I catch his form flying through the air with my white covers still wrapped around him- he looks like worlds ugliest ghost right now.

My iPod is ripped off the counter and onto the floor but by this point my laughter is too overwhelming for me to be worried.

His eyes are round and his mouth is in a straight line. Both his eyebrows are raised and he looks like he just saw a demon. His face stays in the same expression for a good few seconds.

“What the hell Riley?” he demands from the floor-which is yes, where he ended up landing after he jumped out of the bed from shock, “Could you stop recording me right now,” he hisses out.

I put the phone of record mode and there after a while I manage to stop giggling like a twelve-year-old girl and answer him.

“I needed to wake you up so I could you get out of my life…or at least my bed which is practically my life,” I explain as if it’s the most obvious thing on the planet.