Chapter 11- Me vs The Hellhole

Getting ready was a mission without Mom there to make sure everything ran smoothly but we managed.

I drive into school and as I think of my schedule I find that it is possible for my mood to become worse than it already is. Your mood would become even more foul too if your schedule looked like this.

Period 1- AP Mathematics with Mr. Jonty (Room 78)

Period 2-Mathematics with Ms. Brently (Room 73)

Period 3- Biology with Ms. George (Room 92)

Homeroom (Room 85)

LUNCH

Testing/Assembly.

Period 4- Physical Education/Life Orientation with Coach Joseph (Floating)

Period 5- English with Ms. Darthford (Room 41)

BREAK

Period 6- Science with Mr. Pint (Room 91)

Period 7- French with Madame Cassandre (Room 50)

I feel like ripping my hair out. What makes it worse it that the only classes which I can avoid either Seth or Ryan is AP Math and Science. At least I have one of my friends in every class except English. There I have a choice between blending into the wall or being irritated by one of the two scumbags. I choose the first option just incase you were wondering.

Bring, Bring, Bring.

 Damn that bell is annoyingly loud I think as I dart out of Pete's Carerra 4S and slide the seat forward so Will can get out. After he is out I run through the rain up to my AP Math class. If I am late Mr. Jonty will murder me. I look up at the sky. As if my day wasn't already looking glum now I am going to be sopping wet through Math. Yay.

I arrive just as Mr. Jonty opens the door.  Thank my lucky stars.

He doesn't even bother to greet us but instead starts marking the homework immediately.

"Where were you guys yesterday? I didn't see a single Harper sibling in the corridor and believe me that's a strange phenomenon when there are so many of you," Nataka whispers in my ear.

"It's a long, very private story." I reply.

Being the person she is Nataka drops it which I am grateful for.

Just then the lightening alarm rings signaling that everyone should go indoors because there will be lightening soon.

"Sure, lets have an alarm to tell us not to sit outside in the sopping rain but have a whistle with a teacher running through the halls as a bomb alarm." Nataka mutters under her breath.

She is referring to the fact that our school doesn't have a bomb alert alarm. What happens is that Coach Joseph has to run through the school blowing a whistle.

I remember watching Coach sprint for his life the day the school got a bomb threat. Blowing two short sharp tweets into the whistle with a scared look on his face. Turned out it was just another one of Lester's pranks though this one was the one that got him expelled.

I laughed at the truth in Nataka's statement. It was a tendency of our schools to waste money on things that-though necessary- weren't the most important things w

needed.

I was grateful for the laugh Nataka gave me because it was just what I needed. It gave me the ability to make it through the day. That, and my earphones. But even they wouldn't be enough to prepare me for English.

­

I walk into Ms. Darthford class and I sit down as I normally do.

I am sitting quietly-answering her questions in my head as I normally do and suddenly I feel brave. I put up my hand to answer a question everyone is stumped on.