Chapter 28- The bednapper

Dedicate to Lylan_is_hot for that reading list name. How'd it make you cry hun? Thanks so much for your coninued support.

Chapter 28

The bednapper

The figure in my bed groans at the sudden increase of light in the room. He turns around and covers his head with the covers-he’s trying to block out the light.

Why the hell is he in my bed? Why does this stuff always happen to me?

Also how dare that little a-hole deprive me of the sweet joy of getting into a freshly made bed? That is literally what I live for every night.

I tiptoe over to my cupboard and slowly pull back the door. It makes a squeaking sound over the wooden floor and I cringe as I look back to make sure the bed-truder hasn’t been woken. He still sleeps on soundly.

What type of idiot climbs into someone else’s bed and falls asleep? And then sleep like a truck driver through it all?

Oh wait, I forgot this this jerk was a special kind of idiot.

I begin to scrimmage around in my closet for a birthday present I received when I was 12. I can’t seem to find because, quite truthfully, I never though one of Uncle Jerry’s gifts would ever become useful.

Finally I am able to locate the target and remove it from the bad-present protection programme. I pull it out from its brand new pink case and set it down on the floor. I look at the kit containing three blindingly pink objects in front of me and decide which one to go with.

Of all the gifts Uncle Jerry has ever given me this shocking pink defense kit turned out to be the only useful one as today I would use it for the first time...as the wise P!nk once sang, “Who Knew?”

I can’t believe that a grand total of one is the amount of times his present actually became useful- with the insane fear I have of being kidnapped or raped one would think that this kit would be on me like a wheel on a car.

I look at the bright pink tazer, can of pepper spray and police baton in front of me.

I decide to go with baton- for some reason it seems to appeal to me the most.

As I walk I tentatively toward the bed I promise myself not to use the baton for anything other than to strike fear into this dummy.

I hunch over the sleeping form- who has covered himself up in the duvets so well he might as well be a mummy.

I hesitantly pull the covers off the face with the hand holding the baton raised high in the air.

As I pull the covers off he grunts and turns to face me- guess he must be thermo-sensative- I stare at his face expectantly for a few seconds before the thrill wears off and I lower my baton.

I realise then that him waking up to see me threatening to hit him with a stick would not be anything unusual, I threatened him with worse objects before. I needed something that would really irritate him.