Chapter 21- Our Mini Italy and Family Pranks

Chapter 21

Our Mini Italy and Family Pranks

Dedicated to @ItsDebster because of the PM's we send each other. In this chapter there are boys and Riley begins to face her problems. Only you and I understand the significance of this ;). Also- this is just because you are an awesome sauce kid and my little sister on Wattpad. Thanks for your support hun. Always know i got your back. 

“So you don’t like the end of movies?” Seth asks rather quizzically.

It’s Friday at long last and we are on our date. Which, is going rather amazingly (if I do say so myself.)

He took me to a small Italian town. We had gone out to a little Italian bistro and ordered huge bowls of, rather stereotypically, pasta.

After making small talk he took me to get  ice-cream at this small ice-cream parlor and now we were taking a walk  around a particularly large plaza with this amazing Italian architecture surrounding us.

“It isn’t that I don’t like the end of movies. I love the end of movie and get rather irritated if I can’t finish a movie. It’s just that I prefer those few moments at the beginning of the movie where everything appears okay and uncomplicated. I enjoy that feeling of security and happiness- no matter how brief. After all, aren’t movies meant to be an escape to a world of fiction?”

Seth throws his head back and laughs.

“That was not funny Seth.” I say and pout.

“I know it isn’t My Lil Soccer player. I just find the way you said it amusing.” He says pulling me closer to him.

I snuggle into the crook of his arm and place my head on his shoulder.

“I told you not to mention the fact that I got into the team again tonight. Tonight it’s just about you and I.” I look up at him.

He looks down at me and moves his thumb up to my mouth.

“You have a little ice-cream right there.” He says making to wipe it off with that thumb of his. His emerald green orbs burning into my boring almost black ones. His handsome features start moving in towards my face. He had a look of absolute determination in his eyes. 

“That’s okay, I got it.” I say before rubbing my face intensely. I diver my glance away from his eyes and feel myself move a fraction of an inch away from him.

I don’t know why I had to ruin that moment.  I guess it just didn’t feel right. Almost like it was too forced. I didn’t feel comfortable kissing Seth in that moment- yes, I would have been kissing him right now if I didn’t pull away like that.

I was just a hopeless romantic band girl who wanted her first kiss to be romantic and natural…sue me.

I finally look back up and Seth and he looks back down at me with a very confused expression. And maybe even a bit of relief. The determination however, was gone from his eyes and I knew that he would not attempt to kiss me any time soon tonight. I assume that his ego could not take another blow.