Chapter 25- Heartbreak or Betrayal

Decicated to Yoitskats because she deserves it on so many different levels. You are a brave, strong warrior and i am eternally grsteful  to have met you...

Chapter 25

Heartbreak or Betrayal?

 I just stood there. Frozen. Shock pulsed through my every fibre. I could not believe my ears.

“What?” I managed to spit out as I glanced at the guilt-ridden friend on my bed.

“He came over to tutor me as we agreed on yesterday. I really needed help with Advanced Mathematics. And then it sort of happened. I slipped on something and he tried to catch me but, he was at an awkward angle so I somehow ended up on the floor on top of him. Then we kissed. After it ended we both pulled apart. We agreed not to tell you until tomorrow after school. But, I couldn’t hold it in Riley, I felt so guilty that I had to come over. I had to tell you. I’m so sorry please forgive me.”
Selena was crying now. I knew she wasn’t lying because if she were she wouldn’t be looking me in the eye as she is now.

“Who kissed whom?” I ask her. My voice sounded cold yet calm to my own ears. Almost stone-like.

“W-we kind of...I-I-I guess that w-we both k-kissed  each other.” Her answer comes out stagnated through her constant sobs.

I bit my lip and breathed in and out. I was attempting to reign in my temper that really wanted to go all kung-fu on everything within a two mile radius.

I was pissed off at her. I mean she has no right to cry. She betrayed me. She also kissed my boyfriend. However, I couldn’t not forgive her. She had come straight to me and asked for forgiveness. She had told me everything that had happened and hadn’t lied to make herself seem angelic. She was a good friend. She would rather be honest with me then lie or hide the truth and that was a quality that I sincerely respected about her.

That’s why I did was I did next. I reached down and hugged her. I can feel her hot tears soak my t-shirt and then the air cooling down the puddle making my shoulder freeze. My fingers rub her back getting scratched by the sequins on her hoodie.

I can’t help but realise how I’m always the one giving people comfort even when I was the one who should be asking for it. I mean my boyfriend just kissed my best friend and here I am trying to calm down that same friend who is hysterical. Shouldn’t I be the hysterical one with her trying to comfort me?

 We just hugged until she was able to control herself and then we both pulled away.

“S-so. Does this mean t-that I’m forgiven,” she gasps out. Her eyes are all red and puffy. I feel bad for her- I don’t know why I feel bad for her but I just do.

“Yes, you came to me and told me the truth. I guess that I forgive you. It’s hard to find a friend who would be so honest. You told me the truth immediately and I appreciate that. You are a good person Selena. That’s why you have to understand that whilst I forgive you, I need some space. Also, I need a favour. Don’t tell Seth that you told me.” I tell her.