Chapter 19- Explanations and a Perfect Execution

Chapter 19

Explanations and Perfect Execution

“Uhhh, Riley,” Cassie hesitantly attempts to start speaking again, “it’s not what it looks like.”

Ahh the age-old classic ‘its not what it looks like.’ In a weird way I am so done with that line. It has become so overused that it is almost expected that someone else is misunderstanding the person saying it. The before mentioned ‘someone else’ now blames the person for everything and will proceed to run out- crying melodramatically of course.

However, that is just not how Riley Harper operates.

“I’m sure you are right and that there is more to the story Cassie. That’s why I am going to give you the chance to explain whilst you assist me with pranking Will.”

Cassie gives me a disbelieving look.

“What makes you think that I am going to get involved in your petty war with Will?”

“Because if you don’t everyone will find out about this little incident.”

Check. Mate. I bet Cassie feels like an idiot for giving me all those lessons on how to blackmail people.

“Cassie and I don’t mind people knowing about us being together again,” Dylan states a little over-enthusiastically.

“Umm, yes. We do mind. Especially since that would be false information since we are not back together again. I still haven’t forgiven you.” Cassie hisses out through gritted teeth.

“Wait, what about our kiss”

“It was an accident. A one time thing that will never happen again.”

“So you were just using me for my body? I feel violated. Curse my lips for being so irresistible.”

Cassie lets out a very angry gasp.

“You pig. I was not using you. If anything you were the one using me. You took advantage of me in my moment of weakness.”

“I did not. You were the one using. All that prodding….”

I decide to cut him off right there. My brain does not want that information.

“Enough Dylan. I don’t need to know. You two can have this awkward conversation when I am not around. I just need to steal one half of this slut-fest to help me prank our brother.”

I grab Cassie’s hand and march her out of the kitchen before she can protest or start another round of pointless and aimless bickering with Dylan over a huge pile of nothingness.

“OW! OW! OW! Riley- you’re hurting my wrist.” Squeals Cassie behind me.