Chapter 23- The Cycle of Sleep Deprivation

Chapter 23

The Cycle of Sleep Deprivation.

“Okay, we’re here.” Seth says with that big grin of his plastered onto his face.

 “Seth- you promised that you would tell me what we were going.” I whine.

“Yes. I know I promised. Mainly because I had to repeat telling you later after you asked every five minutes. Well, I lied. I said that to keep you quiet. Well, relatively quiet. You really don’t like surprises do you?” Seth says with a look that reminds me of a lost puppy.

 “No, I like surprises. I am just an extreamely curious person.” I answer in a quieter tone as I realise just how much noise I must have been making.

 “Sandra warned me about this.” Seth says shaking his head.

 “What did she say?”

“That you are slightly crazy,” Seth says smiling playfully.

 “You two are so mean to me,” I say crossing my arms and turning my head to the side.

 I know that this is not my usual behavior but I didn’t get much sleep last night. This means that the strange pattern I go through whenever I am sleep deprived comes into play. First I get really angry  (which has already happened during the soccer match today. Let’s just say I used the anger to fuel me.) The second stage is disillusionment. Where I begin to act crazy and like a small child. This comes complete with random humor, over friendliness, bad jokes and basically the works. The last stage is sleepiness and that involves lots of yawns and a lack of concentration. Generally if I have not slept by the time sleepiness kicks in then the cycle begins again and continues to repeat itself till I can get some sleep.

 Seth leans over and puts his arm around me before pecking my cheek, “You know I couldn’t be mean to you.” 

“I want cake.”

 “What?” he says looking genuinely confused.

 “You remind me of a German Shepherd.”

“What?” He asks again.

 “You know, big dogs, originated from Germany, used to help herd sheep?” I tell him whilst moving my hand in a circular motion in front of his face.

 He stares at my hand for his bit and for a while I can almost see him questioning himself on why he chose to date me- he’s a very expressive person.

 “Yes, Angel. I know what they are. What I am asking is why you say I remind you of one.”

 “Yeah, you tilt your head to the side like they do whenever they hear or see something they don’t understand.”

 “Okay, we will get you to bed soon.” He says patting my head.

“Ewww. Pervert.” I yell in his face.

 “Apparently dirty mindedness comes with this stage of sleep deprivation,” he mutters under his breath, “ What I mean was you can sleep soon.”

“How do you know about my cycle of sleep deprivation?” I ask him genuinely curious. 

“I actually do listen to you, you know. I heard you talking to Sandra about it in Math.”

 “You have a habit of eves dropping into my conversations don’t you. First the movie and now the cycle of sleep deprivation.”

 “You named it?”