Chapter 5- How are we Related?

PICTURE OF RILEY'S CAR to the side!!!  2014 FORD MUSTANG

When I arrive home I notice that Cassie is home.  She should be attending her lectures at university-so why is she home?

I walk into the living room and find her watching one of her TV shows.

“Aren’t you meant to be at a lecture?”

“Weren’t you meant to be home an hour ago?” I understand what she means. That she won’t ask questions and get me into trouble with mom if I don’t ask questions or tell mom.

Siblings blackmailing each other…isn’t it beautiful.

I notice that Cassie is looking me over with her critical eye.

“We are going shopping tomorrow,” she says matter-of-factly.

“Why?” I am utterly confused.

“Coz you look like you raided a 40 year old mans wardrobe.”

“I like it, it’s comfortable.”

“Who likes looking like a hobo?

“This girl”

“Bull,” she declares, “now shut up and be ready at 9 o’clock. We can go to a movie afterwards. And I get to chose your attire, I don’t want people to think I am hanging out with Will.”

“And what exactly is wrong with hanging out with me.” Will butts into the conversation defensively. I didn’t even notice him enter the room.

“Don’t butt in Will. And I wasn’t talking about actually hanging out with you. I was talking about your clothes.” Says Cassie sounding bored.

“And what’s wrong with my clothes?”

“Nothing…when they are on you.”

Cassie last comment it aimed at me. I bite down on my lip- I am desperately trying to avoid screaming at her.

“Now I am just confused.” Will’s face scrunches up as he tries to make sense of the situation.

“Just go to your room Will,” I say, rather irritated at my brother.

Honestly, every time two people try to have a conversation in our house there is a sibling butting in.

Have my brother and sisters never learned of privacy.

Its 9am on Saturday morning and I am exhausted. The girls stayed over till midnight yesterday night for our pig-out and Cassie insisted I woke up at 7 so that I could be ready for her to prep me for our shopping trip by 9.