Chapter 7- I Need a Party

Picture of Mike to the side 

The rest of the week went by as normal. Seth ditched most of the Maths classes and the lucky beast managed to get away with it due to Mrs Brently’s non-existent observational skills.

I was saved in Mrs George’s Biology class because I sat in between Prissie and another one of my eighteen acquaintances Jackie.

And no episodes had occurred in sports because we had moved onto the theory section; which-to my delight- involved books and classrooms. I avoided a repeat of my mistake in Maths, which landed me next to a certain nuisance and grabbed a seat between Sannie and Nataka before I was stuck next to Ryan.

Riley-2 Ryan-2. The score was tied buddy. I could do this all day.

It was now Friday again though and I am sitting in AP Maths counting away the minutes until the bell rings and I am let free of my cage. Finally I hear the shrill, annoying sound of the bell ring and nothing could have sounded sweeter in that moment.

Nataka and I pack up quickly, our heads scrambled from the lesson but we don’t care, we need to escape.

As we walk through the corridor Selena and Sannie popped up next to us.

“Riley, you need to unwind. And I vote we do it by crashing a party.” Selena says in an innocent voice next to me.

“You know what Selena, I agree with you. We should go.” Sannie says,

Their voices sound horribly rehearsed.

“You do realize that we know exactly what you are trying to achieve.” Nataka says with her eyebrows raised.

“Yes, but you guys need to loosen up, have fun, let your hair down.” Selena says whilst nodding he head up and down quickly in what she obviously thinks is a convincing manner.

I do however agree with Selena.

“Nataka, I agree with them. Lets go.”

“NO.” Nataka replies with a stern voice.

“Why Nat?” Sannie asked her concerned.

“Yeah, why Nat?’ Selena and I mimic Sannie. If Nataka isn’t in the mood to come up with some elaborate scheme to get in then something is seriously wrong.

“We need to study for Science next week.” Nataka replies.

“Is it possible for you to be a bigger nerd?” I ask her amazed.

“I am NOT a nerd. I am a wakadoodle. I am I darn proud of it.” Nataka replies with pride.

“A true wakadoodle would crash with us.” Selena states.