Chapter 16- Licorice

Picture of Seth's Chevy Camaro SS to the side. 2013 model.

Unedited. Will edit everything soon.

Chapter 16

Licorice

I am so nervous that my hands are shaking and my armpit sweat is cold.

Its 5 o’clock and I start getting ready for my date with Seth.

I have dragged a chair in front of my closet and I sit staring at the endless pit of clothes. I haven’t grown since I was 13- when I still behaved like a girl (as San puts it)- so there is a lot of different clothes in there. Most of them are black, pants or band-tees but there are still dresses and stuff.

How is it that I literally have 3 years worth of clothes and 2 different clothing genres with nothing to wear?

There is only one person who can help me here. I stretch my mouth open and begin to yell so loud that it my lungs threaten to burst and my throat feels like it will catch alight.

“CAAAAAAASSSSIIIIEEEEEE.”

Half a minute later my whole family and Mike pour into the room armed with a baseball bat, vase, lampshade, a rolling pin, a high heeled shoe and…is that a toilet plunger?

They are looking around the room with violent glares mixed with worry and terror. They begin to relax a little when they realise that nothing is going on.

“Well done Riles. You gave us all a heart attack for nothing.” Pete says snarkily.

I very maturely mimick him in my highest voice and stick my tongue out.

He retaliates by doing the same.

“Oh for the love of my sanity shut up,” Cassie snaps, “ Riley. You yelled for me. What did you want?”

“Sorry Cass. I was distracted by a dumbass,” I sneak a peak at Pete and he is glaring at me. Teehee.

“Cass, it’s my first date tonight and I have nothing to wear please help me,” I mumble looking at the ground. I am embarrassed at having to ask for her help. I mean I am the girl-who-doesn’t-give-a-damn-and-dresses-like-a-guy and now I am sulking because I can’t find the perfect dress.  It’s just so unlike me.

Sadly, my sibling realise this too.

“Awww Riley’s becoming a girl at last,” Cassie coos.

“It’s horrid I feel like I am losing a brother,” Will says in an overly dramatic voice before fake crying.

“I feel your pain bro,” Pete says rubbing his back before joining him with more fake tears.

“It’s okay guys- we will get through this. We will find the guy who destroyed our brother-sister-thing,” Dan says at our other morons-sorry- I mean brothers.