Chapter 15- A Clean Break

Chapter 15

A Clean Break

Riley’s POV

As my feet hit the carpet with a soft thud I look at the date on my phone. Friday.

The day of my date with Seth. I am extreamely nervous. Not only do I really like Seth but, it’s also my first date. I really don’t know what to expect and I dislike being uncertain.

I get dressed and leave for school. As I arrive in the yard Seth is sitting there waiting for me. He grabs my hand and places a soft kiss on my forehead.

He has yet to kiss me properly. I think he is being a gentleman and waiting for the date first. Seth was sweet like that.

The day goes by with lots of hand holding, a choruses of ‘awww’ each time from Selena, Prissie, Gemma and San whilst Nataka screams at us to ‘get a room’.

I am about to take a seat in L.O when I am kidnapped by a manwhore. Am I the only one who thinks that there are too many illegal things in that sentence?

He drags me over to the bleachers and makes me sit before he begins to pace up and down before me.

“Riles, I messed up. Don’t go out with Seth. Give me another chance. I promise you can trust me this time. Just don’t give up on me. I am sorry.”

I am completely blown away…

Ryan Pierce just apologized to me. However, I am still confused.

“Ryan, what I don’t understand it why you are asking me for a second chance, it’s not like we were dating or anything. You don’t have to apologize to me for sleeping around.”

He looks at me and I notice that there is a strange emotion in his eyes. Is that regret?

First he apologizes then he feels remorse. This is all too strange.

“I know we aren’t dating but it’s not a nice position to catch someone you trusted in. It must have been uncomfortable for you and you don’t know how bad I feel about putting you in that position. Besides earlier that day I got pissed at you for calling me a Manwhore then I go and behave like one. Basically- I am sorry. Don’t date Seth because of this.”

Okay, before Ryan crossed the line. Now he freaking long jumped over it and is dancing on the other end.

“Ryan, two things. First I am not dating Seth because of your choice to sleep around. Your actions may have helped me make my choice but they were certainly not the only deciding factor. Seth’s a great guy. Secondly- why shouldn’t I date him?”

I know that my tone is probably cold and condescending right now but I don’t care. How dare he try and encroach in my private life.