Under the Moonlight

Start from the beginning

"None of your damn business." Naruto said. Sasuki punched his slightly injured gut. "I'm serious. Tell me." Naruto sighed as he rubbed his abdomen slightly.

You damn fox. Can't you heal me faster? Or do you still hate me? You probably still hate me. Let's get back being best pals. Right? Right?! Naruto said in his mind. He truly has gone insane from the top to bottom.

"Fine, I'll tell you. Only because it's you who asked me. I wouldn't be telling anybody else." Naruto said with no satisfaction involved or laced in his voice. "Awww. . . you warm my heart. Now tell me." Naruto raised an eyebrow.

"He was in contact with the Pervy Sage — one of the 3 Legendary Sannin; Jiraiya. As you know, Pervy Sage is the author of those creepy and perverted books that Kakashi always read. Yuck!" Naruto first told her.

"How'd you know about the contents in the book. Huh? Are you a closet pervert?" Naruto widened his eyes as he wailed his arms around in the air.

"What! No! Pervy Sage just had me read the manuscripts of the books when I was always half-awake! Or is it half-asleep? Ehh. . . practically the same thing." Sasuki narrowed her eyes.

"Huh. . . huh. Liar. I can see through your lies." Naruto just had a dead-panned expression. "I never lied to you before. Already told you this." Sasuki couldn't suppress a small giggle. Naruto just lightly smiled at the giggle.

"Ok. Back on the topic. Kakashi told me to keep up the good work." Sasuki just raised an eyebrow. "Why? You're as lazy as Kakashi." She said. "Ah. . . you wound me." Naruto said and covered his chest.

"Shut up and get on with the damn explanation." Naruto just grumbled at what she said. "I'm just trying to poke some fun out of you." Naruto told her. "And guess what. . . you're not getting it out of me." Sasuki remarked back.

"Fine. Kakashi told me to keep up the good work because the Pervy Sage is now using as inspiration." Sasuki raised an eyebrow. "Inspiration for what?" Naruto looked away from Sasuki.

"Tell me; inspiration for what?" She asked with a much more forceful and firm manner than before. There was an moment of eery silence between the two.

"Inspiration for his damn perverted books!!" Naruto yelled. "Why would he get any information from you?" She looked at Naruto with narrowed eyes

"I think that. . . should be left unsaid." Naruto said as he looked at Sasuki. "And don't get the wrong idea. I don't have a damn girlfriend — if that's what you're currently wondering." Naruto told Sasuki.

He could have sworn he saw her sigh with relief after he said that. Nah. Probably just imagining things. Naruto thought as he just shrugged it off like if it was nothing. After a moment or two, Naruto yawned.

He soon got his necessities for the couch.

"I'll be sleeping the rest of the day. Don't wake me up until morning. Good night, Sasuki." Naruto said as he bundled up into his blanket. Sasuki looked back towards Naruto every few minutes.

"Looks like i'm done now." Sasuki said to herself as quietly as possible so she wouldn't disturb Naruto while he was sleeping like a little baby. Sasuki lightly smiled at Naruto as she was about to go.

"Good night, Naruto-kun." Sasuki wanted to cringe when she said that. It didn't feel natural to her. But it somehow felt so. . . right for her to add the suffix at the end. There were many times were it could've exploded right out of her mouth.