Chapter 10: A Welcome Present From Mr. Boss

AUTHOR’S NOTE

Hello! :"D 

Just so you know, I won’t be updating too much since I have to focus on a contest I’m joining this February. The only contest I join is about writing tho. Haha

Enjoy the chapter! (By the way, Sasuke will be somewhat OOC but don’t worry, he’s still the block of ice we used to know...somehow haha)

***

“Good morning, Sakura-chan!” 

I’m currently going to my place at the office when Tenten greeted me with a huge grin. I smiled at her and greeted her back with the same bubbly attitude. Yumi also went near us and smiled at me too. Is this weird or are they just happy?

“Hey, Sakura, why were you absent?”

Why? Because I freakin don’t wanna see our terror boss’ freakin face!

“Oh, w-well, I was... you know... having a stomach ache. Hehe,” I answered. White lies are perfect for this kind of situation. Yumi and Tenten nodded, they seem to understand my fake reason. 

Tenten went back to her place and started a research while Yumi stared at me before heaving a long sigh, “Sakura-chan, sir Sasuke has a welcome present for you...” she said. She looked at the right and left direction, like she was uncomfortable. 

 Welcome present?

Wow.

Who knew Sasuke can be nice, right?

“Really? Sir Sasuke has something for me?” I assured by asking.

She gave me a nod, “Yeah...well, that’s what he told me. You should go to his office because he asked me to tell you that you have to go there to have your uhh..present.”

Err. Okay.

***

“Sir? Uhh. You called?” 

*knocks* 

“Come in.” I heard him say, as I opened the door gently and saw him doing his work. He glanced at me, as he stood up from his chair.

“I’m glad you decided to show up, Sakura.”

Wait...should I be flattered or what? Maybe intimidated? Is this the correct time to to squeal like a fangirl? Or the time when I should get annoyed because he said that?

Ugh. This is so crazy.

I just gave a nod, “Y-Yes, sir. W-well, I was experiencing stomachache. I’m sorry for being absent, but I’m fine now!” he smiled. He nodded as he went near me.

“Glad to know,” he said. He cut the distance between us. I could smell the fragrance of his perfume. My heart skipped a beat when he took my right hand and held it. He just looked at it as he opened my hand—which I closed due to me, being nervous—and he looked directly into my eyes.

And there goes that pounding sound on my heart again.

“Hey, umm, sir—”

I was cut off short when he smirked. 

Smirked.

When I regained my composure, I felt something placed on my hand. I took my hand back, seeing that I am now holding a paper. His annoying smirk remained plastered on his gorgeous face as I remembered what kind of foolishness happened.

And I also realized I got tricked.

“Wha...what the hell!” I shouted.

He chuckled, “What did you think I was gonna do? Tsk,” he said, “that paper is the list of the remaining works you have to do.” I gave him a bored look.

“But Yumi told me that you had—”

“A present?” he chuckled again, “That is the present, Sakura. That list of works.”

I stared speechless at him. Damn Uchiha! 

***

4:30 pm; Uchiha Corporation ‒ Meeting room

“The meeting is about to start,” Sasuke states, “The board members will be arriving soon. By the way, you still have to help me with my powerpoint presentation, Sakura. You’re my assistant.”

“Yeah, fine, fine.” I answered. 

“Make sure the laptop is fully charged because we can’t use long chords—”

“Yeah, I get it!”

“Good. Naruto will be arriving too.” Sasuke walked out of the meeting room with those words. That is why silence commenced. Awkward silence.

I’m here at the meeting room with Yumi and Tenten to prepare for their 5 o’clock meeting presentation. But whatever, I’m still re-reading the list that Sasuke gave me. 

And I hate it! It has so many things. It’s not even my job to do the other things. I guess Sasuke really enjoyed it. He enjoyed trolling the hell out of me. 

Oh well. It’s frequent to be so close to him. I guess I’d treasure that moment.