Chapter 22: Official

As soon as they finished eating, Sasuke paid for their dinner and the two of them left the restaurant and planned to drive to Sakura's house. Since it was getting late and the pinkette might be tired from work, Sasuke decided to take a shortcut.

And apparently, he was right. Sakura was exhausted from work... that's why she fell asleep.

While driving, Sasuke would half-rotate his head to the right, looking at Sakura's peaceful and sleeping face. He would do that minute by minute, and he didn't exactly understand why.

Well, she is beautiful, and that may be one of the reasons why he can't take off his eyes away from her.

Still, the ravenette decided to keep his eyes on the road to be safe. Even though it was just eight in the evening, the sky was awfully dark which didn't happen invariably.

Soon, Sasuke's car started to move in a slow pace which surprised him. His red ferrari abruptly stopped in the middle of the road, making his eyes widen and curse out loud- causing Sakura to wake up.

"Sasuke? Why did you stop?" The pinkette rubbed her eyes, tilting her head to the male's direction.

A vexatious sigh escaped Sasuke's lips as he answered, "The engine died."

"Oh wow the engine- THE ENGINE DIED?!"

"Yeah, I-"

"DO SOMETHING, SASUKE!"

"I will, calm down!"

The raven-haired male stepped out of his car and opened the hood, exposing the engine and other parts.

Sakura followed and walked beside Sasuke. She watched as he grabbed his phone from his pocket, dialing a number and placing it over his ear. He distanced himself away from the pinkette a bit to talk in silence with the person he was calling.

After a few minutes, Sasuke let out another sigh in frustration, putting his phone inside the car and massaging his temples afterwards. He walked back to Sakura's location, aggravated by what's happening.

"This sucks." The emerald-eyed lady stated, "Anyway, what's the problem? Did we run out of gas?"

"I don't think so." Sasuke shook his head. "But don't worry, I already called someone. He knows how to fix cars."

"Why are we even here? I don't think this is the right way."

"I took a shortcut."

"Huh? But this shortcut is so creepy! Look, it's so dark! Plus, I'm pretty sure that no one really passes here. God Sasuke, why did you take this damn road?"

"Because..."

"Because?"

"Because you're tired and I want you to have some rest already. I figured it'll be better if you'll get home to sleep."

Awkward silence.

Sakura shut her mouth after hearing his reply. And, not to mention, she felt guilty; he just cared but instead to be thankful, she even blamed him.

"Sorry," she apologized. "I didn't mean to-"

"It's alright." Sasuke shrugged it off and leaned against the door of his car. Sakura made her way beside him, doing the same thing.

As usual, the ravenette was silent, arms crossed. Even though they were in the middle of the road, there was no other cars passing by. Sakura hugged herself, trying to warm up after feeling the cold air.

Sasuke took notice of this, which is why he took off his coat and placed it around Sakura's shoulders. She smiled at him and mumbled a "thank you", which he acknowledged by nodding.