Chapter 7: Best Friends

A/N

I am updating often! You know why? Because this is one gift that I can give to my readers for Christmas :D Oh and because Christmas vacation shall end soon too hahaha

~*~*~*~*~*~

I was propped against the chair, with my palm on my face (still crying), thinking why I deserve all of this. I am currently at Sasuke’s house, because he didn’t want us to talk about this issue at the office. We were at the living room and I’m sure he's alone here and he even told the maids to get to their rooms and not to go here. 

We had been here thirty minutes from now and no one had spoken. No one dared, specifically, he didn’t. I did not as well. Who the heck does he think he is? I should be the one to listen, and he should be the one to explain. After so many years...does he expect me to be the understanding type at this point of time? He knew that I never heard about Naruto so why didn’t he tell me? I know that Sasuke may be the snobbish, silent, and unapproachable type but I never knew that he would be this selfish to not tell me about this issue. 

“Look,” from the silence, Sasuke’s voice made me cringed. “Nothing will be solved if you would just stay silent and give this issue all to me.”

I look at him with an accusing face and raised eyebrow, “So now it’s my fault that I’m silent? Why don’t you blame the person who didn’t tell me about the accident that Naruto was into years ago?” I shook my head frustratedly, “Besides, I can blame this issue to you by the way. You are the one who knows about this. You explain, I listen.”

From the corner of my teary eye, I see Sasuke frustratedly comb his raven hair with his fingertips. He sighed, and avoided my gaze, “Sakura, during September on our senior year at Konoha High, Naruto started to be absent and you never had time to visit him, correct?” 

“Yes, my parents would always take me to the Haruno Industries to teach me how to supervise a company. But when I came to his house, Minato-san told me that Naruto was already asleep.” I remember that. 

“News traveled to us that Naruto has been in a car accident just recently. Yet Minato and Kushina refused to tell the school about this matter because they both took Naruto to America for his operation.” Sasuke continued. 

“W-who’s us?” I asked, tears forming in my eyes again. I can’t believe that I hadn’t know this. 

“Me, Shikamaru, Neji, Hinata, Sai, Shino, Chouji, Tenten,” Sasuke states, “And Ino.”

Ino? She knows about this? Even Tenten. They were hiding this from me?

“The only persons from Konoha High who knew Naruto’s condition were Kakashi, Asuma, Kurenai, Gai, and Principal Tsunade.” They knew? I understand that they refuse to tell other people but even Tsunade-sama? We’ve been so close. We always hangout during weekends for trainings.

“Sakura, Naruto was hurt the night his car crashed. Not physically, but emotionally shattered that’s why he was in an accident. And it was because of you.” 

Me? 

“You, Sakura Haruno, daughter of Mebuki and Kizashi Haruno who owns the Haruno Industries, a top student at Konoha High, knows medical basics, excels in academics, a student that a school can treat as a treasure,” Sasuke paused. “Has fallen in love with a worthless person,” he paused again. “namely Sasuke Uchiha.”

Shit. Why is he stating how I became so ridiculous about him in the past?

“You loved me. He knows it. I’m his bestfriend. You’re the girl he loves and also his friend. Do you know what kind of pain he’s going through every day?”