Chapter 19: Red

Sakura furrowed her eyebrows, thinking if she should interrupt the two or just stay in the car. But a thought crosses her mind—that this might be the perfect time for them to talk and at least... settle things because of what happened before.

"Sasuke," Naruto uttered, a serious expression on his face. "Can we talk?"

There was a small crease in Sasuke's eyebrows, however, he nodded with full agreement.

"I'd like to speak with you a little far from here, though." The blond requested. Sasuke sighed mentally, knocking on the passenger's window of his car. Sakura responded by opening the glass window, as Sasuke bent his knees a bit.

"I'll be back," he said, a small smile on his lips. The pinkette nodded, consequently understanding the situation.

. . .

Sasuke and Naruto walked slowly away from the car. The blond was still thinking of what to say, while Sasuke stayed quiet, his hands inside his pockets of course.

"I don't really need your explanation anymore, Sasuke. I get it." Naruto suddenly speaks, making both of them stop on their tracks. "I realized that what you did was for the best, but I can't really say that I wasn't furious when I first found out about Sakura."

"Well yeah, if you weren't furious, you wouldn't have sprinted to my company and shouldn't have shouted to all my employees."

"I'm serious here, you bastard."

"So am I."

Naruto shook his head and waved his hand dismissively, "Anyway, my mother already explained to me why and how it happened, so I don't really hold a grudge to any of you now. It was infuriating that you guys basically threw Sakura out of my life but it also made me think, and well, see how I was."

Sasuke stayed quiet, signaling Naruto to continue speaking.

"Maybe Sakura's just destined to be my friend... and nothing more. Maybe we're just meant to have a brother-sister relationship rather than as lovers," he proceeded, a hint of sadness in his voice. "Perhaps fate lead us to make each other's comfort zone, but without romantic feelings." At this point, the sadness in his voice disappeared, being replaced by the old cheerful one.

Naruto smiled, "But you know, I think it was for the best that I was in an accident. I actually realized that I don't have a chance with her."

"What—"

"Don't pity me. There are a lot of citizens here at Japan and I'm sure someone is fated to be with me. But still, I want her to be my friend." he said, "But that aside, I can't believe that you managed to confess to Sakura~" Naruto laughed, wiggling his eyebrows.

"WH—WHAT?!"

"Don't pretend to be clueless, Sasuke! I saw you two together earlier! You kissed her~"

"SHUT UP YOU DOBE!"

"HAHAHAHA!! Man, bring her home safe and sound, alright? I'll leave Sakura to you. But if ever you're going to do it, just—"

"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!"

"Just don't forget to use protection. Good luck!" With that, Naruto ran away— still laughing his ass off.

And Sasuke? He's currently face-palming, his face nearly as red as a tomato. Cute, huh?

***

"Sorry for taking too long." Sasuke apologizes as he closed the door of his car and starts the engine.

Sakura tilted her head to his direction, a smile across her lips. "It's okay. And you seem to be happy. Have you two made up?"

Sasuke smiled privately, nodding slightly as an answer. "Yeah." Although I'll kill him next time, he thought, reminiscing Naruto's teases.