Chapter 20: Antagonist

- Chapter contains fluff :3 (it's not matured, let's calm down)

*****

Silence hung in the air as emerald orbs and crimson ones were locked in an intense gaze. Neither of them budge, making Sasuke heave a sigh internally.

The raven-haired male moved out of his place and walked, making his way beside Sakura. His free arm made its way to the pinkette's waist, causing Karin's forehead to crease in aggravation.

"Sakura-"

"She's the new employee, right?" Sakura inquired, after her mini-shock reaction when Sasuke wrapped his arm around her. The male gave a plain nod. There was no point if Sakura would bombard him with questions; he, himself, did not know about this- like Yumi mentioned.

"Hell yeah, I'm the new employee and we're trying to finish my interview. So please get out-"

Karin was soon interrupted when Sasuke spoke, "Actually, Sakura is my assistant. She can join on interviews, and I'm giving her my permission to help me with yours today."

The red-haired lady was taken aback by his words; making her raise an eyebrow. Sasuke returned to his seat as Sakura placed the coffee on his desk. She sat on an unoccupied chair before throwing Karin a look that implies something like, in-your-face-bitch.

***

"Oi, Yumi-san, what's the name of the new employee?" Tenten asked curiously.

Yumi just shrugged nonchalantly, "I don't really know."

The brunette's eyebrows raised, surprised by the latter's answer. Yumi sighed and scratched her head.

"I don't know her name but you guys actually might recognize her."

Tenten regained her composure once her workmate spoke again. She nodded, "Then... what does she look like?"

"Ugly- hey! I'm telling the truth!"

"I'm serious!"

"So am I- ouch! Okay, fine."

After earning a few playful slaps on the shoulder from Tenten, Yumi finally decides to tell the girl about the new employee.

"A girl with glasses and crimson eyes and hair. She kinda looks like the girl you and Sakura kept telling me. You know, the high school slut who flirts with sir Sasu-"

"Holy shi-"

"So it's really her?"

"Isn't it obvious? She's Karin! I'm sure of it!"

"Calm down. It's not like Sakura's gonna die when sir Sasuke sees that girl," Yumi protested, receiving a groan from Tenten.

"She's capable of-"

"Of what? No need to worry, Tenten. It's obvious that sir Sasuke loves Sakura and it's not like they'll be torn apart just because of Karin's presence. If Sasuke does love Sakura with all his heart, then I'm sure that even gods can not pull them away from each other."

The brown-haired lady was left dazed by Yumi's opinions; and it honestly made her think.

A few months ago, Tenten and Sakura both showed Yumi their class picture when they were in high school. They exchange stories, involving their fights and misunderstandings with some of their classmates. Of course, being Sakura's number one enemy, Karin became their topic and they both eventually showed Yumi a picture of the red-head.

Sighing, Tenten managed to smile, "...maybe you're right, Yumi-san."

***

Sasuke exhaled, writing down some important details and his signature. He looked at Karin, who immediately had a faint blush on her face because of the eye-contact, and gave her a piece of printed paper.

Karin scanned the details, a huge grin plastered on her face. "I'm finally hired."

Sakura rolled her eyes at the red-head's comment but Sasuke just shrugged it off and handed the new employee a ballpen, "Not yet. You still need to sign."

The red-haired lady smirked and nodded, getting the pen from the male. Sakura's eyes twitched when Karin purposely touched Sasuke's hand when she was about to grab the instrument for writing.

This slut is such a freakin bitc-

"Good, I'm hired!"

"And I hope you get fired," Sakura chanted silently. Karin shot her a what-the-freakin-hell-did-you-say look, but Sasuke came in between, refraining the two from arguing once more.

"Karin, you may start working tomorrow." He announced which made Karin smile even wider.

"Thank you, boss! See you tomorrow!" With that, she dashed off.

What the- this girl is such a nuisance. Flabbergasted and shocked, Sakura couldn't believe that Karin called Sasuke 'boss'. Sakura herself was the only one who addressed Sasuke like that.

Once more, silence occured which made the situation awkward. Sakura got up from her seat, letting out a deep sigh.

"Why would you let her work here?" The pinkette asked, trying to hide the fury in her voice.

Sasuke looked at her, almost with a clueless face. "Should I not?"

Sakura was surprised was his reply; her forehead creasing a bit. Looking away, she answered, "I don't know. I'll get back to work."

She turned her back but Sasuke hastily stood up and reached for her wrist. Sakura, once again, was electrified by his touch and seemed to freeze on spot.

The pinkette turned around and met Sasuke's irresistible onyx orbs, and (surprisingly) a playful smile on his lips. This made Sakura even more aggravated.

"What are you smiling for?" She asked, trying her best to conceal the displeasure in her tone.

Sasuke let out a chuckle, slidding both of his arms to Sakura's waist, to her dismay. The two shared an unbreakable eye-contact, their face only inches away.

"Are you jealous?" He suddenly asked.

This made Sakura's face heat up and denied it as fast as she could, "Wh-What? No. Of course not. Why would I be? I don't have any right to be jealous. In fact, why should I be? I'm-"

"Yep, you're jealous." Sasuke added in affirmation. "It's obvious anyway."

"I am not-"

Sakura was interrupted when Sasuke hugged her tightly, as if he was about to lose her.

"Don't worry, there's nothing to be jealous about," he said in a whisper which made Sakura blush even more.

"I told you, I'm not." She answered.

"A strong denial is a strong confirmation."

"What the hell? That's my line." Sakura giggled as she remembered the time when she accused Sasuke of rape, and also for stealing her so-called, V-Card.

Sasuke let go of her and flashed a geniune smile, which is a very rare sight. To Sakura, you can say that it makes her feel special, considering that Sasuke does not smile often to others, and she's probably an exception.

********

20th CHAPTER BABY ♥️ (lol where did that come from)

I REALLY ENJOYED WRITING THIS BC OF THE SAKURA AND KARIN RIVALRY THING HEHE

I hope you enjoyed too :) also, sorry if the vocabulary (and grammar, spelling, etc) gets uglier lol. I was too focused on eating chocolate while writing this so XD

The Tenten-Yumi talk was kinda boring lol but I just wanted Yumi to share her words of wisdom c:

Anyway, I apologize if ever I offended some Karin fans out there! She needs to be the bish in the story lol.

Thanks for reading! :)

(I finished this last night - 5.24.15 hell yus)

~PBPink