Chapter 33: Tell Her

"I would like to tell you about it tomorrow, Sakura. It's not necessary for you to know right now." Kizashi stated calmly as he stared at his pink-headed daughter who could only frown at his sentence.

At first, they refused to speak about the matter; but due to Sakura's persistence, they ended up with no choice. Still, Kizashi tried to persuade her saying that it's not the perfect time to discuss about it. Nevertheless, she stayed as she is—determined to know the facts. 

"I am prepared for whatever you were saying earlier, Dad," Sakura sighed. "Just tell me about it! Please!"

Mebuki gazed at her with sad eyes, full of sympathy and pain. She planned to stand up from the couch and hug her confused daughter, however her husband held her hand, stopping her from doing so. Kizashi glanced at her, shaking his head a bit as a signal.

"Sakura..."

The young Haruno pressed her lips together as her chest pounded hardly. She breathed in, preparing for whatever they will say, hoping that they wouldn't feed her with more lies. No. She had enough with all the people playing with her. She needed the facts. She needed the truth.

Kizashi stared at her, rather coldly, as he closed his eyes in a tight manner. "You should start going out with Naruto."

"What?" Her ears might have deceived her, she thought. Why was Naruto Uzumaki mentioned in this conversation? Why is he a part of this? And why would Sakura go out with him? Why now?

No... after everything that she learned? He lied. He lied so much for himself, just for him to be happy. Naruto was one of those few people who she trusted very, very much but in the end, she was betrayed.

But most importantly, why is her father asking her to date him?

A frown crossed Sakura's gentle features. Palms turning sweaty, she swallowed confusedly. Her breathing became heavy as she mustered up all her courage to repeat her question, louder this time. "What are you saying?"

Kizashi cleared his throat as his eyes met her emerald ones; she immediately felt a tinge of pain and bitterness enveloping her heart. He was serious about it. He wasn't joking; she heard it right. She just refused to believe that those words actually came out of his mouth.

"Sakura, when you were a kid, me and Minato were good friends," he started, standing up from his seat on the couch. Those surprisingly cold eyes pierced through her, making her stiff. "Along with Fugaku of course. However, his business stood out the most compared to mine and Minato's. The Uzumaki and Uchihas are originally wealthy, both coming from amazing and well-known clans. And us? We got here with hard work and perseverance, Sakura."

The pinkette remained frozen on her spot, not daring to move a muscle as she listened more of his words. She felt her heart dropping as Kizashi emphasized everything that he said.

"It's no joke. The Haruno Industries became big," he continued, breathing out. "And us, as friends, would help each other when it comes to our businesses. That is why—we decided to form a deal."

No. Please. That couldn't be.

He stepped close to her, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Fugaku didn't agree with Minato and I though. At first, I thought he didn't want Sasuke to be involved in such things, however it turns out he that he made a deal with someone else already."