Chapter 2: Job Hunting

***AUTHORS NOTE

Hello everybody! Thank you for sticking with this! :) I appreciate the comments and votes even if I’m stupid hehe

***Done proofreading! :D
1/14/15. Wednesday. 4:15 pm
*********************************

~*~*~*~*~*~

(Saturday, 8:30 am)

“Sorry, mom. I promise you, I’ll get a new job.” I said in front of my mother, after telling her that I lost my job yesterday. She nodded at me and smiled. I know she’s disappointed. Know why? I took the course “Business Administration” when I was in college for only one reason and that is to be ready to work in an office/company/corporation. 

My father, Kizashi Haruno, is at states for a reason and that’s to work hard to retrieve the business that we once lost. He’s working hard to build a new company administration. He’s at America, and like me, he was working at the Uchiha Corporation there owned by Mikoto and Fugaku Uchiha, who happens to be Itachi’s parents. 

Usually, my father comes home during vacations such as Christmas. But nevermind that, it’s the middle of March and I’m already thinking about that. 

I went to my room, dressed up in a casual attire, re-touched a little, and I’m looking for a new job. I can’t let my family down. When I was about to go, I spoke in a loud voice, “Going out, Mom! See you at dinner!”

 ~*~

3:02 pm

“Eek! Seriously?! A cashier girl?! I did not take Business Ad just to be a cashier girl in a convenience store you idiot!” 

I was meeting up with my best friend, Ino Yamanaka, whose family owns a flower shop business. I was asking her if she knows a job for me, and then she suggest that I could be a cashier girl at a damn convenience store. Like, what the eff? I was educated, so I think I deserve better, you know.

“Sheesh! Calm down, forehead.” She says as she call me by that annoying nickname that she made for me. In exchange, I call her “Ino-pig” since she has trouble in diet and she eats a lot, surprisingly.

“I’m serious here, you pig!”

“Hey! That’s below the belt! I’m sexy now!”

“Whatever.”

I roll my eyes on her, but surprisingly, she puts her index finger on her chin, and it looks like she’s thinking real hard. We stopped for a moment, but her scream has ran down my spine and I think my eardrums blew up.

“AHA! I GOT IT!” she says out of blue. “Forehead, you need a job, correct? Well, I just remembered that the other Uchiha Corporation is in need of a secretary!” she smiles at me. 

Other Uchiha Corporation?

Wait, she means...

“WHAT?! NO!”

I shook my head and kept saying “no”. I can’t apply there, because that corporation is owned by Itachi’s little brother! And by lil bro, I meant Sasuke Uchiha! And by Sasuke Uchiha, I meant Konoha High’s ultimate hottie four years ago! And by Konoha High, I meant we came to the same school when we were in High school! And by High school, I meant I liked him when since then. 

Well, since Grade school, actually. 

“What? Why, Sakura? You said you needed a job,” Ino shook her head, “Just helping.” a coy of smirk formed in her lips, knowing that I’m still affected by Sasuke. Well, I vowed myself to stop that annoying infatuation that I feel towards him. I’m already a grown-up, I don’t have time to be infatuated to someone who never knew my existence.

“Ino, please,”

“Sakura, you need a job. For your mother and father. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

“But Sasuke knows that I liked him.”

“Things can change.”

Things can change... they really can, right?

~*~

I breathe once more, before entering this huge corporation. I’m meeting my crush since grade school, the guy I was infatuated with when I was in High school, and the man I was inloved with ‘till college. It all sums up to Sasuke Uchiha.

“Good morning, ma’am. Do you have an appointment?” a staff asks me as I enter.

“Ah yes, I have an appointment with Sasuke Uchiha.” I replied politely.

“He’s free. You can see him now, miss.”

I nodded, and went straight to Sasuke’s office. I knocked, and when I heard his voice, I entered. As I enter, I saw him in his chair, his hands folded. He was still the same. 

I looked at him, “I need a job, Sasuke.” my eyes dropped to my feet when I said that.

“I’m applying here, Mr. Uchiha.”