Chapter 16: I'm Sorry

Silence filled the air as emerald and onyx orbs locked their gaze. Sakura mentally repeated in her head what Sasuke said. What should she feel, anyway? Happiness? Sadness? Relief? As far as she knows, Sasuke was the type of person who often didn't apologize. Well, why would he? It was very seldom for him to commit mistakes and miscalculate. Right now, Sakura didn't know if Sasuke's apology was real, but it was enough for her heart to flutter.

The shocked expression in Sakura's eyes soon became gloomy as she forced a small smile. She tried to avoid eye-contact with the ravenette.

"It's okay. I understand, Sasuke."

"I know what I did was wrong. I was surprised myself as well." Sasuke added, completely ignoring Sakura's statement.

The pinkette tried to lighten up the mood so she averted her eyes to the road.

"T-The beach resort is over there. I'll go on, okay?" Without waiting for Sasuke's reply, she opened the door and rose up from her seat. Not wasting any second, she walked to the resort, seeing that the functionaries are preparing for the venue and celebration.

Back at Sasuke's car, the raven-haired sighed as he held the steering wheel and began bumping his head against it.

"Shit." He sighed for the second time, and placed his palm on his forehead. "What's happening to you, Sasuke? Why are you acting so different?" He questioned himself as another sigh escaped his lips.

"You can't control my life. It's mine, not yours to play with!"

"I'm not just a girl, Sasuke. I'm your secretary. You can always depend on me."

"It's okay. I understand, Sasuke."

Sakura's voice echoed inside Sasuke's mind, remembering what she said. How she laughed, cried, and smiled.

Sasuke didn't understand why he was feeling these things all of a sudden.

Pushing his thoughts aside, he notice someone going near his car. He was right though, the guy came near and knocked on his car window.

He opened the car glass, only to see Kiba Inuzuka, with a wide and annoying smirk plastered on his face.

"What do you want?" Sasuke asks straightforwardly.

Kiba let out a chuckle, "Is that how you greet your fellow batchmate? How nice, Sasuke."

"Shut up." The raven-haired kept his serious expression, although deep down his hands were itching to punch Kiba's face and pull away that smirk.

"Don't get too cocky, Sasuke."

"You're still not answering my question."

Kiba bent down to see Sasuke's face in a better view, as his smirk grew wider, "I don't need to answer your question because you already know my answer. Although I must say, I'm looking forward to our meeting this week."

Sasuke cringed as he unconsciously grit his teeth. Kiba walked away, and a victorious look was visible on his face.

"Bastard."

***

Once the people and guests have gathered in the resort, the bride and groom gave speeches for their family, the visitors, for each other and for themselves.

The celebration started by letting the workers of the catering service give the food to the guests in each table. Both Ino and Sakura were seated on an unoccupied chair, also with a counter.

"Hey, have you seen Sasuke and Naruto? They should join us here." Ino pointed out as she asked her best friend.

The pinkette stiffened as she heard those two names. She mentally rolled her eyes and shook her head as an answer.