Chapter 18: That Girl

Sakura, will you be my girlfriend?

Sasuke's words echoed in Sakura's mind. Is this really happening? Is Sasuke Uchiha really asking Sakura Haruno to be his?

The pink-headed girl exhaled and looked down on her feet, as if it was so interesting and answered, "M—Maybe not now... Sasuke."

He honestly did not expect that.

Nonetheless, Sasuke managed to point out the 'key' word. A smirk was plastered on his lips as he lifted up Sakura's chin—with the use of his free hand—to meet his onyx orbs.

"Not now, you say?" He repeated. "So it means that I still need to court you? As expected." He chuckled.

Sakura's cheeks heated up, shaking her head, almost embarrassingly. "N—No! I mean—you shouldn't if you can't! Err, I meant—ugh, I just... don't court me—"

She stopped saying incoherent words when Sasuke kissed her forehead, making her face even red. The ravenette stared at her lovingly, with softer eyes than usual.

"I knew you'd say that," he stated. "Alright then, I'll court you. It's more interesting that way, right?"

Sakura shrugged, "You haven't even asked my parents for their blessing. You're still not allowed to pursue—"

He then scoffed playfully, the smirk unwavering. "Their blessing? As far as I know, I already got your father's approval."

"Sasuke—"

"Fine. I know." Sasuke replied, cutting her off. "But then again, why should I even court you? I know you will eventually say 'yes'."

Sakura sighed mentally, thinking if she should be amused or irritated with Sasuke's playful side. Sure, she likes—no, wait—she loves him wholeheartedly, but she was a rational human being. She knew that there are commitments when it comes to relationships. Yes, she might be ready to face those challenges and duties, but in her perspective, it would be better if she gets courted first to at least signify how partnership feels—even if not yet official.

"You're kinda jerky, you know." Sakura pointed out, ignoring Sasuke's question.

The ravenette chuckled in response, placing his hands on both Sakura's cheek. He gave her another passionate kiss for a few seconds, and spoke right after. "I was just joking around, Sakura. Don't worry, I'll start courting you."

Even though Sakura finds this side of him a bit out of character, she liked it. She was actually and obviously the first person seeing Sasuke like how he is right now—but it made her feel special.

The pinkette smiled in blithesome, "Just a note though. You should stop stealing kisses because you're still a suitor."

***

Exactly at seven pm, some guests decided to leave the venue—since it was a long day and of course, it is also to give some privacy to the bride and groom's family to at least spend time with each other.

Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto, Shikamaru, Neji and Kiba decided to leave, too. Ino was actually volunteering to at least let her father drive Sakura home but the pinkette declined politely. Since Ino was the cousin and she was part of the family, she stayed at the celebration.

Of course, the cars were a bit a far from the beach, so the guests had to walk further before going straight to their houses.

Apparently, Sasuke suggested to take Sakura home—to her house, of course.

Once they were finally near the cars, Sakura fast spotted a red ferrari. Sasuke nodded at her, opening the door of the passenger's seat to let her in. Sakura smiled privately at Sasuke's respectful demeanor. Well, he was raised from a well-known and rich family, so I think it's natural for him to be a gentleman. She thought.

She then stepped inside the car, after mumbling a 'thank you' to Sasuke as a response. Sasuke closed the door, making Sakura think that he will soon open the door of the driver's area, but instead, she saw someone approaching Sasuke.

"N—Naruto?"

*****

Another cliffhanger I'm sorryyyy :3

Yeah Sasuke was OOC I guess ._. But whatevs, a little emotion change to our beloved walking block of ice seems nice to me, lol.

This was short, but definitely not rushed. Although I must say that I haven't edited this yet so watch out for the mistakes/errors. :)

And another thing—Happy Mother's Day to all great Moms out there! Especially to my amazing Mom! <3

Alright, see you on the next chapter! :D

~PBPink