Chapter 29: Onyx Clashing With Emerald

Successive droplets of rain continued to fall down until they reached the ground, making the surface more slippery. Clear liquid trickled down the glass window pane and soon enough, a small amount of fog was already visible on it due to the contrast of temperature.

It was raining hard. No one had expected this because of the uninterrupted sunshine for the past few days. It was as if the sky was crying real hard; loud thunder noises could be heard, resulting only a few people to wonder around the streets.

The sky was grey. It was hard to believe that it was just seven in the morning; the dark surroundings felt like the atmosphere during midnight.

"We're late," she sighed in frustration. "I really need to buy a car soon."

Sakura shrugged, "Do you even know how to drive?" She asked, raising an eyebrow in doubt. "But if you do, you should. Transportation would be a lot more easier at times like this. I mean, just look outside, I can't see a single taxi crossing."

"It's a good thing that we went here for coffee before the rain started to pour," Tenten replied, "and I'm still learning some driving lessons, I'm not that bad." She added, grabbing her warm drink from the transparent glass table. The brunette felt the heat of the cup, due to the fluid inside.

"Ah," the pink-headed woman nodded. "Is Itachi going to visit the company today?" She quizzed, hoping for a no, because Itachi didn't like late employees, and they would probably get in trouble by getting extra work.

"I hope not but probably yes."

Sakura groaned before sipping on her espresso, "The rain hasn't stopped yet."

"Stop thinking about tardiness, Sakura. Itachi isn't that bad," Tenten reasoned after throwing her now empty cup on the trash bin near their table. She hugged herself, momentarily fixing her I.D underneath her thick brown jacket. "He's always the cool and calm guy, right? I doubt that he'll get mad."

The pinkette rolled her eyes, I worked under him before, just so you know. She averted her gaze at the window, where there was fog, and wrote something against it using her index finger. The mist was created since there was a heater inside the coffee shop, a total contrast with the cold weather outside.

"You should stop writing Sasuke's name. Stop sulking and just focus on work." Tenten reprimanded when she saw what the pinkette was writing.

The latter tightly shut her eyes when she received that comment, "Let's just go." She announced, finishing her espresso and grabbing her umbrella afterwards. She gestured Tenten to stand up, aiming for the door.

Although it was still raining, the two desperately waited for an available cab to take them to the Uchiha Corp.

***

"Sir Naruto, someone is here to see you," the secretary stated, with a man following behind her.

The Uzumaki kept his gaze on the table, showing less interest but he flinched when he heard a familiar voice, almost thinking that his ears had deceived him. 

"Naruto."

The blond's head shot up and his cerulean eyes clashed with those usual, cold, charcoal ones. Naruto gestured at his secretary to leave for some privacy and the latter obeyed.

The Uzumaki pulled his mouth into a smirk while keeping his gaze at the man across, "It's been a while. Are you ready to explain everything?"

"It's not like anyone wondered why I left. Besides, it was only a short period of time."