Epilogue: The Boy Who Regrets

The coat, dress shirt, slacks, and even the shoes were neatly and perfectly arranged

The coat, dress shirt, slacks, and even the shoes were neatly and perfectly arranged. The foot wear was placed on his marble floor and the clothes were well ironed, as if the person who worked on them spent hours and hours just to make them seem flawless.

He couldn't quite remember the last time he didn't wear those kinds of clothes. Born from an extremely prideful clan and family, he was, of course, predicted to be as successful as his older brother - wearing all those fine coats with ties, buying watches that screamed a luxurious brand, just the stereotypical rich men.

Ah, he didn't know wearing those fine clothes had such a weighty burden. The moment he put them on, he was marked as an Uchiha who can only bring pride, honor, and victory. Anything else below success will mean disgrace, disappointment, and death.

He sometimes wished he could just wear simple type of clothes and live, well, a normal life. A life where he only has to stress about his company and not with his family. A life where he could hold hands with someone he wishes to be with - no matter how high or low her social standing might be.

He was full of pride. A typical Uchiha. In spite of that, he knows how to accept his mistakes and his miscalculations. And he had miscalculated. Therefore, he couldn't get what he wished for. He couldn't get what he wanted.

His father's acknowledgement? Thinking about it now, it made him want to laugh. He was Sasuke Uchiha - always serious, always cold, always intimidating. Does not know how to joke around or to laugh at the little things. But now? He wanted to just chuckle. How fucking stupid can a person be.

He dressed up quietly. In a few minutes, he transformed into his usual look - the strict and cold boss everyone knew, wearing a black coat and a red tie. He looked expensive, like a figurine that only worthy people can look at.

Sasuke grabbed his phone and car keys from the side table and slid it inside the pocket of his dark slacks. A sudden knock echoed through the room, accompanied by his brother's deep voice.

"Sasuke? You're going to be late."

"I don't intend to be an early bird, anyway." He replied, in a cold way as usual, as he walked towards the door.

Itachi flashed him a tiny smile when he opened it. "You're sending yourself to hell. For the first time, I fail to understand you and your sentiments."

The younger Uchiha ignored his worthless comments, stepping forward and stroding past his older brother. "I hope you don't stay there long. I don't enjoy knowing that you're torturing yourself." Itachi added, only to be disregarded once more.

Sasuke walked through the long staircase and reached for his keys from his pockets. He went out of his ridiculously large house and marched towards his car, opening it and driving to his destination.

On his way, his mind couldn't be at ease as Itachi's words continued to bother him. That bastard. He could only think of his brother and send him mental curses.