Chapter 57

DaggerDarkStar smiled to himself as he lay with Annjelica in his arms. In a couple of days she would be able to leave this room and walk by his side as his soon to be wife. In the morning he would put the wheels in motion for their wedding and he would have to call in some favours to invent a family member or two for Annjelica. He’d have to think about that.

Holding her body close to his he congratulated himself on his plan of revenge on both his family and the Lycan’s. He now had in his hands the council Elders most prized possession. Their prophecy, their unique being would soon be his wife and he would make sure she was carrying his child before he returned to show them he now had the upper hand.

Dwelling on his fortune he thought back to the moment he laid eyes on Annjelica’s mother. How taken he was with Alexandria and how much he wanted her only to have his moment disturbed by Vampuric and his sister Amanda. He couldn’t wait to now confront them with his wife and mother of his child.

As his thoughts drifted back to the past and how he came to be where he was now, he pulled Annjelica closer, cradling her in his arms against his chest. He heard her sigh and stroked her cheek.

“Sleep my beautiful Aspen. I am here and I’ll never let you go. If anyone tries to take you from me I’ll kill them.”

His thoughts travelled back in time to when he was thrown over the balcony by Amanda. He’d cursed himself for not finding Alexandria alone earlier. If he’d had more time he would have succeeded in tasting her delights. But all was not lost as he now had her daughter who was definitely worth waiting for.

He had gone underground, knowing full well the family would hunt him down and probably kill him. During this time he discovered the darker side of magic and found Moraine and her coven of witches and struck up a deal with them having spared the life of one of her sisters.

He lived amongst them and learnt their darkest secrets, their powers of evil magic soon found a home in his hands. Their witches brew of evil potion was his for the taking and gave him strength and powers he’d only ever dreamed of possessing, along with his vampire abilities he was a force to be reckoned with. The potion turned his once pale skin to the darkest brown and his blond hair the deepest red. The colour of his tattoos deepened and he liked what he saw when he looked in the mirror.

It was quite by chance that he found Arianna and her coven of white witches. He decided it would be an excellent idea to befriend them and not mention he was now very much a part of the dark side of magic. He fantasized about feeding from Arianna the High Priestess, wondering how much more strength he would gain from her blood and magic, but knew he would have to take it slow. Under no circumstances did he want them to know he was from the dark side. He toyed with Arianna’s emotions to the point she began to let her guard down and trust him. He knew with her light and Moraine’s darkness his powers would multiply and he would rule over all the witches.

Moraine had shown him the underground network of unused and abandoned tunnels beneath the city and its here he built his fortress under the bustling streets of London. Just as he was becoming comfortable in his surroundings Moraine’s sister tried to give his secret away to Arianna. DaggerDarkStar found out just in time and putting her under his spell he used her for his Blood Doll feeding from her daily. Moraine begged for her sister’s release. DaggerDarkStar agreed only on condition she enticed Arianne to come to his home.

Using her magic to disguise herself as one of Arianna’s coven she had poured a potion into her herbal tea. The drug had worked quickly and Moraine was able to hand her over to DaggerDarkStar, but he had other ideas and entrapped Moraine too. Now he had both the dark and the light witches under his roof, controlled by his more powerful black magic.

Not only did he have control of such powerful magic but he would soon wed and bed the unique legend. The prophecy of the ultimate being was now a puppet in his hands and soon she would give him many sons and daughters to start a new more powerful race.

His thoughts aroused his inner blood lust and he eased his fangs gently into Annjelica’s neck as she slept.