But the lack of numbness was now the reason he was experiencing even more pain.

"How come?" She asked as she started to stitch up another wound. This earned her another wince from Naruto. "He just. . . reminds me a lot about me. Someone that I used to be — strived to become. He even graduated much more earlier than me. At 11 he was already out there wearing a Konoha forehead proctor." Naruto lightly chuckled.

"While when I was 11 years old — I just pulled pranks and didn't take anything seriously. I still do have that tendency. But I just managed to tone that side of me only just a bit." He soon realized something.

"Ya know, Sasuki." He kept on looking at the sky.

"Funny isn't it, Sasuki? With our backgrounds, our roles could've been easily reversed." Naruto said. "You could've went down the path I went through just as easily as I did. I let the hate of the village consume me — and I will continue to let it consume me. You on the other hand, managed to change. You still wanted vengeance for the clan, but you stayed — stayed in the village." He chuckled once more.

She was about say something, but Naruto cut her off.

"But. . . If I had the chance to start over and choose a path once again. I would leave the village. Who know what could have happened if I had chose to stay. But it's nice to know that if I choose the same path once more, you'll turn out like this again. Quite a genuine and surprisingly kind person. Thank you." Naruto suddenly felt liquid near his wounds.

Sasuki had tears. Actual and legit tears.

"I just try my best. Even when. . . I know my best. . . is not enough." She had a moments of pauses as she spoke. Naruto just lighty winced as he felt the tears meet his wounds. Let's just say that it didn't feel good at all.

Naruto moved his head towards Sasuki.

"Don't cry. You don't want to eventually wear make up. Don't you?" Asked Naruto. This earned him a gentle giggle from Sasuki.

"Shut up, idiot."

~~~

"Alright. We'll be continuing the tree climbing exercise." Naruto told his 3 students. The 3 nodded as they went over to their own trees. Naruto observed them as usual. His eyes followed each and every one of their movements.

Naruto walked away a good distance before lodging down. He continued to watch them this way. Naruto just sighed.

"What do you want? Can't you see I have a team to teach?" Naruto asked. Jiraiya appeared behind him. "Your sensing abilities are quite good. I'll give you that." Jiraiya told Naruto.

Naruto scoffed.

"Only the best of the best." Naruto said as he saw all 3 of his students slip down to the ground. Jiraiya walked right next to the sitting Naruto. "So, heard the rumors?" Asked Jiraiya.

"What rumors?" Naruto didn't know anything about such rumors being spread around.

"They can't really be called or be counted as rumors actually. Shikamaru and Neji just told me interesting news." Jiraiya had a cheeky grin on his face. "Is it about killing Danzo." He shook his head.