Grand Piano

There she was.

I balled my hand into fists.

There he was.

There they were, laughing and dancing.

That was our thing. He couldn't have it. He can't have her. She was mine.

I felt a presence beside me and my irritation heightened.

"She really is beautiful," Cassius said, folding his arms in front of him. I turned my head to the left and glared at him.

He continued to look straight ahead at the sight of Scarlett and Santee in the living room.

He chuckled after a few seconds. "Don't get your underwear in a twist, brother."

I rolled my eyes and returned my gaze to her.

Santee was sitting on a stool in front of a piano and Scarlett was sitting on top of it. I could see her face split into a huge grin as he started to play.

I could play the piano. I could play it better.

"She looks happy, Rowan," Cassius said in a more serious tone. He turned towards me, shoving his hand in his pockets.

I looked at him. "She was happy with me," I said through gritted teeth.

I saw him nod his head from the corner of my eye. "That may be true, but you let your pride get in the way."

It was my turn to look at him. "What?"

He shook his head. "Do you think a normal girl would want to know you had a dozen other girls before her and that you killed them all?" he asked me.

I gaped at him and he laughed.

"You didn't have to lie, you dumb fuck," he mumbled, kicking a rock in front of us.

I kept silent as I thought about what he'd said.

I remembered the look on her face when I told her I killed all of those girls. I suppose that was a bit narcissistic. "Do you think she would have stayed with me if I hadn't boasted about the murders?" I asked Cassius.

He shrugged his shoulders. "It didn't take a genius to see that she likes you."

I frowned at him.

"And, it didn't take a genius to see that you do not love her, Rowan."

"What if I do?" I asked him.

He gave me a straight look of disapproval. "Rowan, you've been doing this since freshman year," he said in a tired tone.

"I don't know why you still worry about me," I retorted, shaking my head.

"We all worry about you, Rowan," he responded, unfazed by my burning anger and desire to hit him.

I returned my gaze to Scarlett and Santee. It looked like he was singing. She was soaking it all up. I knew she loved the attention.

"I don't see why," I muttered.

I watched Cassius ball his hands into fists as he took a steps away from him. I turned around, raising an eyebrow. "You want to hit me?" I asked him.

I could hardly ever raise a fight from him.

"You're our brother, Rowan," Cassius responded, ignoring my question. "Just because you choose to remember bitter parts of childhood does not mean me and Cassie did not care for you," he nearly yelled.

I looked at him with a blank expression. "Are you done?" I asked.

He scoffed and ran a hand down his face, walking to the curb where I had parked the car.

I looked back at the house to see that the curtains were closed.

My phone pinged telling me I had an incoming message. I pulled it out of my back pocket.

Santee Bulgera: I will take care of her, Mr. Hanse.

He saw us.
Had she?

I huffed and shoved my phone in my pocket before walking away from the house.

I yanked the car door open and slid into the passenger side, slamming the door.

"Cassie is meeting us for dinner, so shut the fuck up and put your dick in place," my brother grumbled, starting the car.

I rolled my eyes as he sped by Santee's house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! This is the shortest, most unedited chapter in the world and I'm the worst, I know. I'm finishing off this semester in school and have been enjoying procrastinating everything; including this book. But, I'll be back after I finish finals in a few days! Thanks to those who vote and comment. I'm trying to make it to 2.K before the end of the month. Help me!

VOTE, COMMENT, and WEAR A MASK!

~djdiamondmind1738