Mayurka Ibiza

When I woke up, I groaned at the bright sunlight beaming through.

I sat up and noticed that my curtains were wide open, allowing light to flood into my room from the balcony.

I definitely remember closing them last night.

I glanced at my phone to see a hundred messages in the group chat. It was almost two-thirty!

"Crap," I hissed, jumping out of bed.

Heather and Lily were supposed to be here hours ago! I was supposed to go to the airport with Colton.

Fastening my robe string around my waist, I raced down the stairs.

I gasped, taking in my surroundings. The living room was half decorated and the smelled of different seasonings. That meant Colton was cooking.

I walked into the kitchen to see two people I hadn't seen in months.

"Scarlett!" they both screamed at once.

I was shocked to see them here.

Before I knew it, I was enveloped in Lily's familiar White Daisy perfume. Screaming in excitement, I hug her back.

Heather joined in, and it soon became a group hug.

"You guys," I started. "I completely forgot. I must've missed my alarm."

I could see them standing there, stranded, at the airport. It made me feel even worse.

"It's okay," Heather replied as we backed out of the hug. "Colton told us that you were sleeping. He also said that you hadn't slept that much since you and Rowan..." she trailed off, biting her lip.

She and Lily exchanged a glance which caused my curiosity to grow.

"Since me and Rowan, what?" I asked.

Lily placed a hand on my shoulder. "Colton told us about the breakup."

My head snapped to Colton who was standing behind the counter. He raised his hands in surrender and I understood.

Of course, they couldn't know why Rowan and I were really separated.

I nodded my head, plastering a sad smile on my face. "It happens to the best of us.

They gave me an understanding nod and I walked towards Colton.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked in a hushed tone.

Heather and Lily were having their own conversation now.

"I opened your curtains but when I realized you were in deep sleep, I said that this was the best you've slept since you and Rowan broke up," he said with an amusing grin.

I rolled my eyes. "I promised I'd meet them at the airport. You promised we'd go and pick them up," I exclaimed.

"You worry too much, Scarlett," Colton said in a calm voice. "Focus on yourself. You've been doing so well these last few days. You're finally sleeping without the nightmares, you're not cutting yourself, and you don't seem as distant and depressed."

I took note of what he was saying. I hadn't recognized that it had been a while since I dreamed of Carl.

Colton didn't know what I was having the nightmares. I'm sure he thought they were from me missing Rowan.

I missed him, but as he said; I was doing better.

"Thank you for taking care of me Colton," I said genuinely.

He offered me a small smile and continued cooking.

After eating lunch, we retreated to the living area to start planning. Colton went out to "run a few errands."