"I'm Happy Here," She Lied

She took me for a fool.

That whole "I'm happy here" speech was bullshit, and Colton called it first.

I was a fool for believing her. I was a fool for thinking she could actually like me.

All I needed to do now was wait for her to escape. I would wait for her to mess up so I could have a reason to kill again.

I couldn't kill while she was here. She would hate me forever, and I didn't need that.

Maybe a little pain will open her eyes. Literally.

But then she'd know that I was one step ahead of her. I knew what she was planning to do. Colton wanted me to bust her. If I did, she'd only re-route her plan.

"What're you thinking about, brother?" Colton asked me.

I looked up from the stack of papers on my desk and slammed my pen against my desk, running my hands down my face.

"Okay," he muttered before taking a seat in one of my chairs in front my desk.

"How could she?" I asked in confusion.

He nodded.

"Why would she?" I didn't understand.

He nodded and opened his mouth to speak, but I interrupted. "She has everything here!" I exclaimed, slamming my hands against the desk. "Why would she want to leave?"

He opened his mouth to speak again and I interrupted, not caring about his sympathy. "Why would she lie about it? I never laid a hand on her! I wouldn't dream about it."

"Rowan-"

I held up my hand.

I didn't want to hear it. "Rowan you have people she know tied to a ceiling a floor above as leverage. Did you not think this through?"

Colton's words made me think.

The perverted professor and the coworker.

I wonder if she knew.

"So I kill them," I said, standing up.

She took me as a trick because I was nice to her.

"How do I know she's planning to get away?" I asked Colton, making sure I had my facts straight before facing her.

"Talk to Robin," he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "My fixer?" What did she have on Scarlett?

"She told me about a chat a certain person held with her before you showed her the professor and the coworker."

It all clicked together. " So she was planning to escape before she found out they were here."

Colton nodded and stood up as well so that we were eye level. "But, you don't kill her friends."

"That shady professor goes first," I said.

I couldn't play games with her. I needed her to have a certain fear of me before she'd gain respect. She thought she could use me, and I almost let her because I was blinded by an illusion.

"Find Scarlett and bring her to the fourth floor."

How foolish could I be? She had everything anyone could ever ask for and more here.

"Rowan-"

"Get the damn girl and bring her to the fourth floor," I yelled as I stood up and searched for my keys.

He walked out of the room, shaking his head.

Huffing in annoyance, I found my keys and walked out of my office.

A familiar sensation spread through my veins as I started my journey up the long flight of stairs.

Unlocking the door, I walked into the chilled room and listen to the loud click of all the lights coming. I grinned and clapped my hands together as the thrill set in.

~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~
Hello loves! Short chapter on Rowan's behalf. I'm spending time with family before school starts back so next update will possibly be next Wednesday. That goes for my actually interested readers.

Vote, comment, and stay awesome! You are beautiful and don't let anyone tell you differently!♥️

~djdiamondmind1738♥️♥️♥️♥️