Carl

It's been two days since Rowan's home was broken into.

It's been two days of Rowan busying himself by cleaning my room and getting it redone.

I told him I didn't want to stay in there anymore.

"Ok," was his short response.

I knew the only reason why he was cleaning it was because he was avoiding me. Grace could've cleaned it, or found someone to do it.

He's been avoiding me because he didn't know what to say or do with me. Even though he denied it, I knew the truth.

"I have family coming into the city today," he stated, fixing his cuff link.

I looked at him.

This was the longest sentence he's said since the other night.

I tried to hide the shock. I was going to meet his family?

His face was neutral as he observed me. What did he expect me to say?

"Cool."

He gave me a small smile and walked out of the bedroom.

"Oh," he said, popping his head back into the room. "I have an outfit for you laid out in the bathroom." With that, he was gone.

I sighed and decided to get out of bed. I didn't know when they were coming, but I was kind of excited to meet them. I wondered if they were all crazy.

Walking into the bathroom, I saw blood staining the tub with Carl's pale body in it.

His body was wet.
The few strands of dark hair he had on his head stuck to his face, and his eyes were closed. His mouth was slightly ajar. It looked as if he was sleeping in the tub rather than dead.

I felt my heart frantically beating.

"It's not real, it's not real, it's not real," I kept saying over and over again.

I could hear the sound of bullets ripping through skin and I felt sick to my stomach. I thought I was going to throw up as I gripped my stomach.

The world began spinning around me, and it felt like my feet were no longer touching the floor.

The only thing I could hear was my heavy breathing, and I began looking around to find something to lean against.

Feeling tears burning my eyes and blurring my vision, I screamed in frustration. "Why are you still here?"

Suddenly, his head turned, releasing a swarm of flies from his mouth. I wanted to puke.

His pasty face turned into a sinister sneer as he continued to lay there. "I'm not done with you, Scarlett," he purred.

I shuddered as a small cry escaped my lips.

His light blue lips and empty eyes scared the hell out of me.

"Rowan!" I screamed.

Carl chuckled, his head twisting back to it's natural state. "I'll be back," he said. The swarm of flies flew back into his mouth, making me cover my mouth.

"It's not real. YOU'RE NOT REAL!"

Suddenly, blood start running over the edge of the tub.

There wasn't blood in the tub before.

I felt the tears fall as my breathing became unbearable.

I brought my hands to my eyes, hoping that when I uncovered them, Carl was gone. "Y-you're not real," I said, choking on tears.

I felt like those people in the movies as the bathroom lights blinded me from seeing anything else.

"Please." I fell to my knees, clutching my stomach. It felt like my body was weighing down on me. "Rowan," I cried.

Where was he?

Less than a second later, I felt arms under me.

I immediately began to panic. "Get off of me you perverse ," I shrieked, trying to fight my way out of the tight grip.

The body was no longer in the tub.

My chest was starting to hurt and it felt like the room was starting to cave in on me.

"Run some cold water," I heard a familiar voice say in the distance.

"Let go of me," I screamed, thrashing around in his arms. I needed to get free. My life and dignity depended on it.

The tight grip around me didn't loosen. "Scarlett."

I felt as if the atmosphere around me had stilled. "Rowan?"

"I'm here, baby." My body was lifted from the floor.

Seconds later, ice cold water hit my body.

I felt like someone had dropped my body in the middle of broken ice water in Antarctica.

Screaming from the shock, I jumped up.

"Hold her down, la naiba," I heard a voice mutter.

Cold water nearly drowned me as I tried to fight against Rowan's hold on me.

Seconds later, I was lifted from the freezing cold water. I gasped, mistakenly swallowing water which made me cough hysterically.

"Breathe, bebita," I heard Rowan say in my ear soothingly.

"What happened?" I choked out, still trying to catch my breath.

"You had panic attack."

My head snapped up at the unfamiliar voice.

Looking up, I saw a dark haired woman standing in front of me with a dark haired man standing beside her. Rowan stood on the other side of her, so she was in the middle.

"Esti bine, iubire?" the girl asked me.

I stared at her in confusion. What the hell was she saying?

*******************************************
Picture of Scarlett Keating above! Portrayed as Grace Phipps or Brenna D'Amico.

So, I'm at a bit of writer's block. And this is very much unedited, but I'll be back this time though! I promise. I just think I'm doing too much in this story and it's not actually going anywhere. I'll clean and wrap it up soon.

In the meantime, I entered a short story called 'Savannah' into the Blumhouse Contest. It's only 500 words long so go leave a vote while we wait for 'Criminally Insane' to be updated!

~djdiamondmind1738