Draguta

I stared at myself in the mirror. The steam around us created a peaceful vibe.

"She's going to be beautiful," Rowan's voice mumbled as he placed both hands on my stomach.

I looked at our reflection in the mirror as he cradled my baby bump and rested his chin on my shoulder.

I hummed in response. The feeling of warmth exploding in my stomach.

At that time, Incomplete by James Bay played over the speakers.

And this here now is where we touchdown; you and me.

I closed my eyes and smiled as Rowan's words replayed in my mind.

"How do you know it's a girl?" I asked.

I turned around to look at him, which caused his hands to fall to my lower back. He pulled me closer to him and smiled back at me.

"I just know, draguta," he whispered.

I laughed at him, resting my head against his chest. "You're such a draguta," I said.

Surprisingly, Rowan's body shook as he bent over laughing. I stepped away from him in confusion.

"Did you just call me sweetheart?" he asked in shock as he continued to laugh.

I rolled my eyes. "I was just repeating what you said!" I nearly yelled. His loud laughter was contagious. I shook my head at him and joined in.

"You were attempting to insult me!" his tone matched mine as we both clutched our stomachs.

"So, what do I call you when I want to insult you?" I asked in seriousness.

"Imbecil," he answered.

I felt my face scrunch in confusion. "That's English."

Rowan shook his head at me, pulling me back against his body. I allowed his fingers to run up and down my arms.

"It's spelled differently."

I snorted. "Sure."

It was silent for a while.

"Scarlett," Rowan's voice whispered through the fading steam.

"Hmm?" I hummed, nearly asleep against his chest.

"I love you."

My eyes snapped open as I pulled away from him.

"After-"

"After everything we have been through-everything we will go through, I will love you forever."

I knew that I was blushing.

I groaned as Rowan chuckled.

"I thought you would hate me forever," I whispered, looking away from him.

I grabbed my hands, pulling them to his chest.

"I could never hate you, draguta," he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at him but smiled.

"I love you," I responded.

I loved our moments like this. They were rare, yet beautiful.

At this moment, no one was dying.

At this moment, no work was happening.

Right now, it was just him and I.

We didn't need sex to feel loved.

We had each other. We had our "beautiful baby girl."

We had-

"That's some fucked up shit," Colton interrupted me as I was trying to tell him my dream.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I know," I responded.

I've had this same dream for a week now. It was torture.

The dream seemed surreal. When I woke up, I would cry. I woke up to a world he wasn't in.

"You have a tiny bump, and your face is getting chubby," Colton spoke up. "You need to keep clear of Bulgera."

"What does that mean?" I ask.

He looked at me with a confused expression. "Don't leave the house for the next eight months," he responded with the "duh" tone.

Depression was bound to kick in now.

"So, it's just you and me," I said with a small smile. I was sure that it was fake.

"As it's been from the beginning, love."

When Colton cast me a sympathetic smile, my assurance was confirmed.

I turned in my chair and stared out the window. As I cradled my belly, I felt Colton's hands on my shoulder.

I could see him through the reflection so I offered him a smile.

"Think about the baby before you start crying and cutting," he said quietly before walking out of his office.

That was Colton for you.

He never judged my choices. He sat, listened, and gave me his best advice.

He watched from a distance as I chose not to listen, soothed me while I suffered, and talked me through my healing process.

I hope he was ready for the next eight months of my miserable life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grammarly said I only have 6 mistakes. I have to pay to see them, so this is as good as it gets.

I don't know when I'll be back, but the next chapter will be something. I don't know what it's going to be about, but let's go!

VOTE, COMMENT, and TELL OTHERS!

~djdiamondmind1738