"Hey Phoenix" Olivia waved awkwardly but Phoenix merely gave her an unimpressed glance.

"So..." The blonde trialed off, tearing her eyes from the intimidating boy.

"Fiona and I were gonna head out for lunch, wanna come with?"

Penelope quickly nodded, but remembered that she wasn't alone.

"Do you mind if I-"

"Go ahead. Let me know when you're back."

The girl beamed at her boyfriend and stood on her tipi toes to place a chaste kiss on his jaw.

"I will!"

~

~

The two girls approached Olivia's car, giggling and chatting about everything and nothing. As they neared the vehicle, Penelope noticed another person waiting by the door. She wasn't surprised that it was Fiona.

"So you and Fiona are pretty close?"

Penelope hoped that her tone was nonchalant and not laced with the smallest amount of jealously she felt.

Olivia glanced at her for a second and shrugged.

"We hang out sometimes. She mostly likes to tag along when I mention that you and I are doing something together."

The blonde leaned down to whisper in her friend's ear, her next words making Penelope's brows furrow.

"Sometimes I think that she rather be your friend than mine."

"What? No. We barely even talk."

Penelope disagreed, but she tried to quiet her voice as they were only a few steps away from Fiona now.

Olivia simply shrugged and didn't say anything else, leaving the smaller girl to frown in confusion.

"Hey guys! Ready to go?"

"Yep" The two said simultaneously, a few giggles following while Penelope's mind whirred with thoughts of what her blonde friend mentioned earlier. 

"So where'd you wanna go? We only have 40 minutes so we should choose fast."

Olivia turned on the car once everyone was in, and applied some more lipgloss to her lips as she spoke.

"I'm good wherever" Penelope chimed in, not particularly in the mood for anything specific.

"How about Panera Bread? I haven't been there in a while."

Fiona suggested after a moment.

Olivia moaned and put the car into reverse to back out of the parking lot.

"Fuck their sandwiches are so good"

"I know right? I'm more of a flatbread girl though. It just melts in your mouth."

Penelope giggled at the two as she sat in the backseat, letting them ramble on about the food.

She butted in with her own opinion every so often, and in no time they were pulling into the restaurant.

"Thank god, it's not busy." Olivia mumbled while putting the car into park.

The three girls walked into the restaurant and took their seats, allowing a waiter to take their orders.

"And what will you have?"

The lanky boy with brown curls turned to focus his eyes on Olivia, staring intently at the blonde girl as he waited for her to speak.