D a d

"No offense, Elly but I'm so happy that I'm not you right now." Olivia laughed while they shopped.

She plucked a beige sweater from the rack and moved to stand in front of a mirror.

"Well count yourself lucky because that was a disaster." Penelope sighed as she recalled the events from the previous morning.

She sat on one of the stools while Olivia decided on which sweater she liked best.

"I still can't believe your mom is dating that guy. What was his name again? Jeffrey?"

"Jack" Penelope sighed again, resting her elbows on her knees.

"Right, Jack. He sounds like a complete creep if you ask me." Olivia murmured.

"I think I'm gonna go with the crème one, what do you think?" She asked Penelope.

Penelope smiled and nodded, standing up.

"Ya, it's really cute. Can we please go somewhere else now." She begged.

Olivia laughed and took her friend's hand, walking over to the cashier.

"Yes we can Elly."

"These fries are really good." Penelope moaned as they walked around the mall.

She had convinced Olivia to take a much needed food break otherwise she would've "passed out."

"You keep saying that but it's not going to convince me that you were right to stop and get food. We could've been halfway done by now." Olivia said, although secretly enjoying her chicken tenders.

"Ya, right. You're only lying to yourself Liv." Penelope giggled.

The two girls laughed as they walked until Olivia stopped abruptly.

"Wait, am I going crazy or is that Phoenix?" She asked confused.

Penelope's giggles died down and she looked around with a smile.

"Phoenix? Where?" She asked.

"In American Eagle with some older guy."

Penelope could see him now and she too wondered who he was with.

She couldn't see the man's face, as he was facing away from them but she could clearly identify Phoenix.

He was sitting down while the man talked to him and he looked anything but interested in the conversation.

"We should go over and say hi." Olivia said, starting to walk over.

"Wait Liv, I don't know. I don't want to intrude or anything." Penelope said unsurely.

Olivia gave Penelope a look before taking her hand.

"Don't be ridiculous, he's your boyfriend. If you see your boyfriend in the mall you go say hi." She lectured as they started to walk over.

Penelope grew nervous and she didn't really know why. Perhaps it was because of the unknown identity of the person Phoenix was with.

Once they entered the store, it wasn't hard to find the two men. And the closer they neared, the easier it became to spot similarities between the two.