L i e s

Penelope and her friends squeezed past sweaty bodies to enter the kitchen, trying to access the alcohol.

"Finally." She sighed, reaching for a flavoured drink to pour into an empty cup.

Her friends did the same while she sipped and swayed to the music. Although as she took another drink, her eyes caught sight of a blue bowl. She wrinkled her nose in distaste assuming it was spiked punch but when a couple guys walked over and stuck their hands in it her brows furrowed. 

Placing her cup down, she passed a couple people before she was able to see the large blue bowl filled with colourful pills and capsules.

"Are you gonna take some?" Fiona asked.

Penelope jumped slightly and glanced back at her briefly.

"Of course not."

"Suit yourself." She shrugged, taking a couple before washing it down with alcohol.

Penelope looked at her, slightly uncomfortable. Her eyes filtered around the kitchen to find Olivia but it seemed like she had gone elsewhere.

"I'm gonna go to another room." She announced before turning to shuffle her way out of the crowd.

She grabbed an unopened beer on the way out, twisting the cap while actively searching for any familiar faces. Her task proved easier than she thought, as she instantly spotted a bunch of kids from her classes.

"Hey!" A brunette called over. Penelope briefly remembered seeing her at the football game.

"Hi, Rachel right?" Penelope recalled, finally getting into a good mood.

"Yeah! I love your outfit." She called over the music.

"Thanks, you look great too

"Thanks, you look great too."

It took a lot of convincing from Fiona and Olivia to even come in the lacey top. She had bought it a while ago just to wear underneath her clothes. It gave her a thrill knowing that she was wearing something so revealing and no one knew.

Although she received a compliment, she blushed self-consciously and took another swing of the beer to loosen her nerves.

Evidently, the alcohol worked fast as she quickly found rhythm in the music and danced, finally able to enjoy herself.

〰️

〰️

〰️

〰️

"Phoenix get off your fucking phone, we're already close for time."

Phoenix clenched his jaw, looking at the screen for a second more before shutting it off.

Penelope had downloaded Snapchat on his phone awhile ago, claiming that he needed to stay current with whatever was going on.