R e t r o

"It's been so long since we've all hung out."

"I know. You've been pretty MIA lately." Owen said pointedly.

Penelope rolled her eyes but still smiled, truly happy to spend time with her closest friends.

The usual gang decided to head to the local roller skating rink, considering they hadn't gone out together in a while. The retro building was one of their favourite chill spots- mostly because of the greasy food and 80s disco music.

"I haven't been missing Owen, I've been busy. There's a difference." She reached a hand up to ruffle his hair, making him react instantly and push her arm away.

"Whatever, just hurry up I'm starving."

Penelope shook her head with a giggle but squealed when Olivia suddenly linked their arms, pulling them through the doors in a flurry.

"You owe me so much tea baby cakes. I literally haven't seen you since the whole fucking police escapade."

The shorter girl rose a brow as they stood in line to get their roller skates.

"I've been in class Olly, where have you been? Do you even go to school anymore." She teased lightheartedly, but her eyes glimmered with interest when an uncharacteristic blush warmed her friend's cheeks.

"Okay now I'm really interested. What's been going on with you?!"

Olivia hushed her friend and her face only grew more warm.

"Don't be so loud, jeez." She whispered. Her eyes constantly flickered between Penelope and someone behind her so the shorter girl turned her head to investigate.

She only saw Owen and Mark laughing  together and her eyes narrowed as she really tried to get her spidey senses tingling. Sure enough, she noticed Owen's blue orbs flicker in their direction in such a subtle manner anyone could miss it.

Unfortunately her examination was cut short when Olivia pulled her harshly when the line moved forward.

"Are you guys together?!" Penelope squeaked as quietly as possible. Her wide eyes looked at her friend so expectantly- you would think she just agreed to buy her the newest iPhone.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Now please tell this nice lady your size."

The brunette furrowed her brows but quickly realized they had reached the counter. It was a wooden structure that had chipped edges to show its age and an older woman was looking down, waiting for her to speak.

"Hi! Can I have something in a size 6 please and thank you."

The woman nodded and easily found the small pair of roller skates, looking to Olivia to give her size next.

"8 Please. Thanks."

The two took their roller skates and moved to a booth to put them on and wait for the boys.

"Your not getting off that easily. I know you've liked Owen for a long time. Have you guys been doing stuff? Dirty stuff??" Penelope's brows wiggled suggestively and she laughed when Olivia nudged her with an eye roll.

"Okay fine...We've been messing around I guess."

"I knew it! How long has this been going on? Are you dating?"

"Is who dating?"

Mark slid into the booth dramatically with Owen following. The former looked on expectantly as he laced up his skates.

"Zayn and Gigi. Apparently they're back together again- and hopefully so, they'd make gorgeous babies."

Olivia but in quickly and flawlessly Penelope would add. Mark simply laughed and shook his head at their interest in A-list celebrities.