J a c k

"Phoenix?" A female voice called out by the doorway. "I usually come by this class to do work during second period-
I didn't expect to see you here though." She said with a small smile.

Penelope felt a weird sensation in the pit of her stomach. How did Phoenix know her? She bit her lip and smoothed out her skirt before stepping out from behind his large frame.

"Hi, I'm Penelope" She introduced with a smile.

"Fiona" She replied, also giving a smile. Her eyes then flickered between the couple and she eyed them skeptically.

"Are you two friends?" She questioned, tilting her head in the process.

Penelope blushed and looked up at Phoenix who looked quite done with the entire conversation.

"We're together." He finally answered for the small brunette who was quite flustered by the whole ordeal.

"Oh" Fiona said surprised. She pressed her tongue against the inside of her cheek and skimmed her eyes over Penelope before landing on her face again.

"I like your skirt." She complimented.

Penelope made a sound in the back of her throat, making Phoenix bite his lip to stop himself from laughing. She quickly collected herself, although completely red in the face while also stumbling over most of her words.

"T-thanks, um w-we have to get to class."

"Alright. I'll see you around Phoenix!" She called out as Penelope basically ran out the room with Phoenix close in tow.

~

"Phoenix no." Penelope giggled as he pressed open mouthed kisses up her neck. "Nix we have to do our homework." She protested, although with a smile- her cheeks getting sore from holding the expression.

Penelope yelped when Phoenix lifted her onto her kitchen counter, opening her legs to stand between them.

"But you taste so sweet" He mumbled, sucking on the skin on her neck.

Penelope blushed, remembering his words from earlier but gasped when his lips were suddenly pressed against hers.

Phoenix used a passionate force when kissing her, although the pace was slow and sensual. He deepened the kiss, simultaneously pulling her closer to his front- purposely pressing her against his erection.

"Do you feel that?" He whispered in her ear.

Penelope's eyes widened and she held in a gasp at the feeling. His hardness was pressed against her front and she could feel all of him. It felt...big.

"Excuse me." A cough interrupted.

Immediately, Penelope jumped off the counter, almost breaking her ankle in the process. She adjusted herself, her face and neck heating up in embarrassment, refusing to face her mother.

"This was not the first impression I was expecting when I thought of introducing you to my daughter." Her mom chuckled- seemingly to a guest.

Penelope glanced up and her brows furrowed in confusion when her eyes met the face of a man that she's never seen before.

He was a couple inches taller than her mother with blonde hair and green eyes. He had an average build and was decent looking but something about him smelt off to her.

Instinctively, Penelope shuffled closer to Phoenix and leaned against his chest, allowing his arms to wrap around her securely.

"This is Phoenix mom. The boy I told you about." She mumbled the last bit, her face darkening even more.

She felt Phoenix's arms tighten around her, letting her know that he heard what she said. Her mother's eyes brightened and she separated from the man who had still yet to introduce himself and brought Phoenix into a hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Penelope has been acting so different since the first day of school and I'm assuming that you're the reason for that." Her mom laughed with a twinkle in her eye.

Penelope groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Mom, please."

Phoenix gave a crooked smile after awkwardly standing through the hug and nodded his head at Penelope's mother.

"It's nice to meet you."

"So do you usually do that with all the girls you've been with or...?"

All heads turned to the voice of the man leaning against the doorway of the kitchen.

Phoenix clenched his jaw and narrowed his eyes at the man, contemplating whether to throw his fist into the side of his face.

Penelope felt him tense, which made her tense because she knows how he gets when he's angry. She pressed herself further into his chest and opened his clenched fists to play with his fingers to try and calm him down but the tension in the air was thick.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, this is Jack; the guy I've been seeing. He's just a bit protective over Penelope-I've talked so much about her so I think he's grown attached. Right Jack?" Her mom asked in an attempt to clear the air.

Jack confirmed her statement with a nod of his head and a slight smirk.

"Nice to meet you Jack." Penelope said after the awkward silence.

Jack smiled at her and brushed a hand through his blonde strands.

"It's nice to finally meet you Penelope. I've heard a lot, as your mother just said."

Penelope nodded with a closed mouth smile and rubbed her hands up and down the side of her arms; she wanted to leave to go finish her homework and escape this very uncomfortable situation but she didn't want to be rude.

"So, I think that we're gonna head upstairs to finish some work." She finally said, pointing her thumb upwards. "You guys have fun."

Jack's smile dropped into a grimace.

"Leave the door open."

Penelope frowned at his words and looked at her mom who only shrugged with an apologetic smile.

With a quiet sigh she collected her things along with Phoenix who was still glaring at Jack, before they both made their way upstairs.