Chapter 02: The Wind of Change

Start from the beginning

And that is exactly what I have done, searching online and in newspapers for jobs offer daily hoping to find something for me, that wasn't for sure an easy task, it also took lot of patience; sometimes I just wonder  where I can get it all then I simply answer myself you will get patient from Allah, he will give it to you because you know, because you are sure that whoever who wait, who is patient who doesn't complain, but instead trust Allah and know that the good and ease will come; it will come, so, in short, I get patience from belief ; isn't that a wonderful thing!!

I already found two jobs , but I wasn't accepted in any, the interviews were good,  but they were too many candidates probably with better skills and experiences, but that didn't stop me from looking. 

-Ah! Check out this, BAA is looking for an architect, to do simple office drawings. Woow !!  This is the one !!"

-Don't get too excited, it is too soon for that ."

-Can't you just be happy for me Yousef ? " I sighed

- Well,  BAA is very known company, like one of the best and you don't actually..... Then he just stopped like he is waiting for me to approve what he will say next or he will just drop it 

-What is it, say it? "

-Your diploma is not worth a thing here.

-Thank you so much for your honesty,  but I will try anyway, what I get to lose.

"-Yeah, sure darling as you wish, just don't hope too much, you know I hate your face when you are sad.

He is not only so positive and hopeful but also so kind, I had no response to that, sometimes there is just nothing to say, if he wants to be with someone who is happy and smiling to him all the time,  then he should have married a doll not a human being,  but it's fine I will just take it as a bad sense of humor.

 ********************

A black London cab had stopped in front of a high building made of glass and steel, It was so high that you would think it has no end.

I stepped out of the cab and just stand there for a while, observing the building, this is where I may work, just the idea of it filled me with excitement. The building looked as a stranger in this area, it was the only modern one, all of the buildings next to it and in front of it were mostly classical one, a bit of Gothic but none like it, it was  strange,  alone but also  unique.

I get in the big high and white hall, the color white definitely made it look endless, they were too many people getting in and out, walking fast, everyone is in a rush here.  I checked my watch, it's almost 10am, I better  hurry too,  I went straight to the elevator walking as fast as I could .

Once I reached the seven floor, I asked the first person I saw and he guided me, showed me where are Mr. Allan Watson office and his secretary Mrs. Brown, I went straight to her .

-Good Morning, I am here for the job interview.

 I  talked really fast and breathless, Mrs. Brown smiled at me and said :

-Good Morning  Miss, please give me your portfolio, she looked at her watch, then continued : it's 10 am, you are the last one of the interviewees ''. 

I handed her the portfolio, she checked it for a few minutes then said 

-Everything is here, have a seat please there and wait until I call you .

-Okay. Thank you 

 And with that I went to the nearest empty chair to sit next to a blonde girl, she looked so beautiful; skinny;  tall girl dressing in a short black skirt and white satin shirt, she looked like a model. Then I look at the other chairs to see two other women and three men, they did all look good but not as much my neighbor that made me feel shorter than usual.