Chapter 22 : Another Chance

Sitting in my comfortable chair, I put my head on its back and closed my eyes for a few seconds, feeling tired and in need to relax, true that the day has just begun, but I kind of need to escape this world sometimes, even if it's just for a few seconds.

I opened my eyes, checked my watch to find it almost ten, I stood, put my cell phone in my pocket, took my block note and a pen then headed to the meeting room, I better not be late.

On my way, I could hear the sound that my heels make when they touch the ground, I smiled secretly, I rarely wear high heels and enjoy making such noises, I know I shouldn't bring attention to me, but I liked this boot, from the first moment I saw it, I knew I had to buy it, his heels are not so high so I can walk with it without hurting my legs. And because today is kind of a special day, I have two meetings, then I decided to give it a try, a chance .

When I arrived at the meeting room, I was surprised to see Matt who is in the same team as me, the one who sought for the scholarship was there, I felt unconformable around him, don't know why, I try to avoid him as much I can, he wasn't there alo...

When I arrived at the meeting room, I was surprised to see Matt who is in the same team as me, the one who sought for the scholarship was there, I felt unconformable around him, don't know why, I try to avoid him as much I can, he wasn't there alone, Sam and Mark from the design team were sitting next to each other, I went in and sit as far from Matt as I could, even if it wasn't that possible, the room wasn't that big, the table could have no more than 14 persons.

I took my pen and draw some sketches on my notebook while I was waiting for the rest to come, trying to avoid any possible conversations, it didn't take long for Mr. Watson to arrive accompagnied by Clara who held files and laptop in her hand, poor she, too much were in her hands , yet of course he wouldn't help her, he took sit in the front chair, looked annoyed at his watch, Clara left to comeback with more files in her hands, she organized everything and put it in its right place near him while he just stared in emptiness, looking impatient.

-You can leave now Clara, he ordered.

Once she turned to exit the room, Max has arrived, he was with the design team too, he entered fast took a seat in front of me, and watched as Clara closed the door behind her when she left.

-All right, everyone is here so we can begin.

-Max as always, late, he stared at him angrily, if looks could kill he would be dead by now .

Max opened his mouth to defend himself, but Allan stoped him with his hand gesture.He took the files and handed to each one of us one without leaving his place, each file had a different color, mine was red, I smiled when I received it unknowingly.

-The file I just handed you contain informations and details we had received for the new theater project challenge we are entering, this theater will be the biggest new one in London, it's definitely something we should be looking at, so prepare yourself, each one of you will make me a draft, his own design and perception of the project, you will work individually, I want to see what each of you can come with. He stopped for a while, then ordered: open your files now, so I can explain to you what's in it and what you must do.