Chapter 26 : The beginning of my Holiday

Taking a step by step, going down the stairs slowly, trying not to lose my balance, my boot's heels were so much not helping me and the suitcase in my hand made it even harder, I moved, almost fell , if I didn't catch myself quickly, putting my ha...

Taking a step by step, going down the stairs slowly, trying not to lose my balance, my boot's heels were so much not helping me and the suitcase in my hand made it even harder, I moved, almost fell , if I didn't catch myself quickly, putting my hands on the stairs hand, I stood straight again, fixed my handbag on my shoulder, catch my laptop bag with my hand while still holding my suitcase with the other, it was really heavy, but I had no other choice.

Before I take the next step, I saw him coming up toward me in a hurry, it didn't take long for him to reach me, one empty step between us, we stood quietly, looking at each other, his eyes have traveled from my shoes to my head without neglecting my bags in their ways, oh Allah, I hate when he's all staring at me, it makes me feel nervous.

-Gave me your suitcase and your laptop's bag. He finally spoke

Trying to be a gentleman, I said to myself, I won't give you that.

-It's fine, I can carry them alone. I lied, you should go up and continue your way.

He shook his head in disbelief.

-Nobody said you can't carry them alone, but it will get better if you divided them, it will be lighter.

I looked at him for a few minutes, thinking of his words, the lonely gave me lessons of sharing, accepting help and letting people in, shouldn't he tell that to himself, I didn't know whether I should accept his help or not, maybe I wanted to prove to him, to me that I can take care of myself alone, that I don't need his help.

Looking at me impatiently after receiving no answer, he asked again less gently this time

-Come on, we don't have all day.

-It's fine, you should go, I decided.

He sighed, it was a long one, I could see he's annoyed.

-If you go down like this you will fall from the stairs and then you will ruin all the holiday, we won't go anywhere, and mother will stay here nursing you for the next days, now you don't want that don't you? He teased.

I felt irritated

-I won't fall. I stopped for a bit before I gave up: Go on, take them and just leave.

He smiled mischievously, took them from my hands and went down quickly as he comes, I followed behind him, I could walk faster now since I only carry my handbag.

-What did you put in them? He questioned once we were in the entry hall

-Just the necessary things, I replied.

-I can see that.

He left then outside, to the car with my bags, come back after a few to go upstairs again, searching for what made him take the stairs.